• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CharophyceanTheTMD

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Monday 25 May 2015

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

LET’S PLAY TOGETHER - Week Special

After careful thought thinking about the relatively few CPTs I’ve taken part in there is just no way I could not include The Pandora Directive this week!

Thanks to the wonderful community playthrough here it’s the 1st Tex Murphy game I was motivated to play to conclusion despite difficulties with the interface that had previously put me off from continuing with Under a Killing Moon which I will now go back to when I find the time!

I became completely hooked by the environments, characters & acting in The Pandora Directive & I loved the FMV aspect which brought an intriguing story ‘alive’ which for me was further enhanced by choices & varying paths shared in the CPT thread.
This amazing game is now amongst my top 10 favourites, it inspired me to play Tesla Effect (which I don’t think was so good BTW) & I hopefully will later on catch up with others in the series - I’m now a Tex fan albeit well over 20 years late & all down to one CPT!!!!   

Smile

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I didn’t have much time to post earlier but have now edited the original.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

The Pandora Directive was the first CP that I lead, and so far also the only one - though I have offered to lead several others that just haven’t won the vote.
(Hmm.. I wonder if there is a connection between those two facts )

Anyway I remember that I was very nervous about it, not because that I had any doubt that it is an excellent game that everybody would love, but .. well partly because it was my first time, but mainly because it is a bit of a tricky game for a CP, because of its non-linear nature, with both different paths, different difficult settings and general non-linearity. And on top of that I also decided to experiment a bit with the format of the CP, and introduced what you could call a combination of soft and hard deadlines, which I wasn’t sure everybody would understand or approve of.

In the end it however all turned out very well.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

One of the many community playthroughs I got started on and then gave up on halfway through… (I’ve still got my notes, up to day 6.)

Still, I love the game and it was great reading everyone’s thoughts on it.

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I think I made it a little past halfway in the game. I just couldn’t stand the 3D interface. Nausea-inducing is one of the many phrases I used to describe it. Which is a bit strange because it isn’t that much different that the interface used in the current Playthrough.

Although there is a video card setting that slowed down the vertical panning in Scratches. Because PD was running in DOSBox I doubt that a similar setting was available.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top