• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Wednesday 20 May 2015

Total Posts: 7439

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

The Wolf Among Us left a big hole that needed to be filled. So I turned to Telltale for something similar. No TWD for me and Game of Thrones doesn’t look appealing. I played the first episode of Tales from the Borderlands (2014) instead but I’m not sure I’ll play the second one. Everything is still good. Excellent voice acting, I like the by now familiar art style. I like the humor. But… but… the scares, the violence, too many baddies, maybe the sci-fi setting too. I don’t care about the characters and the story like I did in TWAU.

Cry

I will name my firstborn Loader Bot.

Grin

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 4254

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

This screenshot is like out of my dreams: colo(u)rful, weird and (deeply) disturbing.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Yeah, all the characters are weird and a bit disturbing. It’s not a real colorful game. I like the screenshot though, that’s why I chose it.

Total Posts: 2986

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Tales from the Borderlands is kind of unique compared to the other rescent Telltale games because it’s tone is much more lighter. There are no grave life-or-death choices like in TED series that will make you think “Oh no!! Perhaps I should have picked the other choice instead!” or decisions that may negatively affect the storylinine like TWaU. And I like it. It is nice once in a while to play a Telltale game and don’t care about the consequences, just enjoy the ride. The characters and storyline are by far the best from Telltale’s recent games IMO, up there with TWD.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I like it, the writing is constantly funny and the story a great pacing.

Loader Bot is giving me hell in episode 2 since I ditched him in ep1 Smile

Now if only Telltale would release Episode 3…

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

hmmm, i am just proud Hector Badge will always remain my last experience with those ...

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Hector badge of Carnage was not made by Telletale but by Straandlooper, TT was only the publisher of the game - So it doesn’t count Advie.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

you know i am not a ttg expert, but it was the last of their adventures (matter of speech) after their ToMI, S&M, W&G right?

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Advie - 20 May 2015 12:16 PM

you know i am not a ttg expert, but it was the last of their adventures (matter of speech) after their ToMI, S&M, W&G right?

I think their last traditional adventure developed in-house was Back to The Future

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

wilco - 20 May 2015 12:23 PM
Advie - 20 May 2015 12:16 PM

I think their last traditional adventure developed in-house was Back to The Future

hmm, interesting, I always thought that they once got hold of ‘great’ IPs, they immediately abandoned traditional adventure gaming.

but that doesn’t change I still need to ‘get stuck’ in adventures, and don’t wanna belong to an era called ‘the ttg era’

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

I am curious, do you need any knowledge of the Borderlands FPS series to appreciate the Telltale game?

Total Posts: 2986

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

SoccerDude28 - 20 May 2015 03:10 PM

I am curious, do you need any knowledge of the Borderlands FPS series to appreciate the Telltale game?

No. There are some guest star appearences that you can recognise from the FPS games, but they are reintroduced to the new players quite nicely!!

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Karlok - 20 May 2015 08:30 AM

But… but… the scares, the violence, too many baddies, maybe the sci-fi setting too. I don’t care about the characters and the story like I did in TWAU.

Good god. This was the reason I avoided TWAU so this game must be really bad.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Oscar - 20 May 2015 06:30 PM

Good god. This was the reason I avoided TWAU so this game must be really bad.

Hehe… the humor is good, really. And a lot of good humor is a must when there aren’t any likeable characters. Something wrong with everybody and that includes the protagonists. It’s not a nice planet.

I guess I will play the other episodes…

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Weird and disturbing sounds like fun!
I’ll give this a go at some point, but waiting for some super cheap discount price first.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Disturbing? If you were really disturbed by it, you would be too scared to play it. If you enjoy it, I doubt it really disturbs you.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top