• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Friday 15 May 2015

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Debbie Johnson’s investigation of a medallion discovered by a sunken ship-wreck while scuba–diving with her sister Rachel, off the shores of Brazil, takes her on a quest to find 4 map pieces each hidden on a different island in unvoiced, 3rd person perspective Freeware game The Treasured Medallion (2009).
I’m only about a 1/3rd way through this epic 20-30 hour game, where the ultimate goal is to locate a priceless stolen artefact on finding the map pieces but so far I’m finding it to be wonderful ‘traditional’ gaming fayre with a little bit of unexpected fantasy in the form of a fairy & some talking animals to be encountered just on a couple of the islands visited.
The download of the game also includes a walkthrough by Len Green.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

A 20-30 hour freeware game with decent-looking graphics like that? Impressive!

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 681

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

I just completed this gem the other day Smile It is by far the longest freeware game I have played to date! Nice graphics, excellent story, lots of interesting locations to explore. Plus I like the fact that there are many things in each scene that give different responses when clicking different icons and objects on them. Something you don’t see that much of anymore. I highly recommend it!

This message will self destruct in 3… 2… 1… BOOM!!!

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Sir Beardalot - 15 May 2015 02:34 PM

I like the fact that there are many things in each scene that give different responses when clicking different icons and objects on them.

Have you tried Callahan’s Crosstime Saloon? If not, do so by all means.

P.S. Beware: It may take a lifetime to try everything possible in that game.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 681

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

zobraks - 15 May 2015 03:13 PM

I like the fact that there are many things in each scene that give different responses when clicking different icons and objects on them.

Haha, very true! I actually own a copy I got many years ago. Started playing it and realized it would indeed take a lifetime to interact and see it all! That may be one I’ll have to wait to play when I retire lol!

This message will self destruct in 3… 2… 1… BOOM!!!

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Sir Beardalot - 16 May 2015 03:04 AM
zobraks - 15 May 2015 03:13 PM

Haha, very true! I actually own a copy I got many years ago. Started playing it and realized it would indeed take a lifetime to interact and see it all! That may be one I’ll have to wait to play when I retire lol!

Don’t get scared Sir! It takes around 4 months with slow pacing according to the old AGCP. Smile

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

chrissie - 16 May 2015 08:26 AM

Is the game Vampire Diaries Lady kestrel?

Does a bear sh*t in the woods?

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

zobraks - 16 May 2015 11:07 AM

Always but did you post in the right thread zobraks? Smile

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Oops… Wrong thread.

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

zobraks - 16 May 2015 11:07 AM

i dont get it Z, you are officially a walking walkthrough, so why do have to ‘yet’ avoid your (own) favorite thread?

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Because I got annoyed and I made a promise not to post in the thread for some time, and (unlike some people proving Shaker’s Law) I tend to keep my promises.

P.S. I’ll be back.

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

zobraks - 17 May 2015 04:37 AM

Because I got annoyed and I made a promise not to post in the thread for some time, and (unlike some people proving Shaker’s Law) I tend to keep my promises.

P.S. I’ll be back.

Zobraks, I like you. You know that. But this is ridiculous. YOU spoiled other people’s fun and you kept doing it when we asked you not to. A “promise” to whom? To yourself! Nobody wanted you to leave, we asked, no, we begged you to stay. More than once. How your ego must have loved that!

Come back to the thread or not, makes no difference to me. 

Sheesh.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Karlok - 17 May 2015 05:19 AM

Zobraks… YOU spoiled other people’s fun and you kept doing it when we asked you not to.

I can’t help it, sorry. That’s just the way I am.

A “promise” to whom? To yourself!

A promise is a promise, even to oneself.

Nobody wanted you to leave, we asked, no, we begged you to stay. More than once. How your ego must have loved that!

My EGO had a ball in those days!

I don’t believe you. I bet you marked the 26th of July (in red) in your calendar.

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

zobraks - 17 May 2015 05:56 AM

I don’t believe you. I bet you marked the 26th of July (in red) in your calendar.

I will now! That’s a promise.  Tongue

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Oh, come on, Karlok, admit it - we’re all patiently awaiting for “D-Day” to worship the Z’s return, and to see if he’ll keep the promise. And then we can safely exchange the “Does a bear shi* in the woods”” with “Does Zobraks keep his promises”.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Worship?  Sick Sorry, got to lie down for a moment.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top