• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

apignarbchrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Wednesday 13 May 2015

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Lots of well-known actors in Ripper, like John Rhys-Davies, Karen Allen, Meredith Burgess. And Christopher Walken, who gives a cringeworthy performance as Detective Magnotta. The way he delivers his lines, his facial expression, his gestures, everything is terrible. How is that possible, didn’t they pay him enough…?  The guy in the leather jacket is Scott Cohen and he’s infinitely better as reporter Quinlan.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

He clearly didn’t care and just rolled with it (like he does in a lot of commercial movies). Just terrible. Clearly just reading from off cue cards.

Here’s some Hot Coffee

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Walken is awesome even when he’s terrible. Tongue

He just doesn’t care, and in not caring he still has that typical Walken charm. Thumbs Up

The payment probably wasn’t an issue - Walken is known for never turning down a role if he’s available, no matter how little he’s getting paid. You just never know in advance if he’s just there to have some fun, or if he’s there to act. Cool

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Wow, my impression is totally the opposite - this may not be the brightest example of a “Hollywood actor doing his best in a video game” (that one is reserved for another Christopher, Christopher Lloyd Tongue ), but not for a second I had that “forced role of a big star who doesn’t care” feeling.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 442

Joined 2006-06-14

PM

Heh, I just took it as Christopher Walken doing his impression of Christopher Walken and liked it immensely.  One of my favorite games, in fact.

By the way, CW fans ought to catch him in “Christopher Walken reads ‘Where The Wild Things Are’ ” on You Tube.  It’s a hoot!

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

diego - 13 May 2015 06:58 AM

that “forced role of a big star who doesn’t care” feeling.

It’s never forced with Walken, though. But I don’t think he ever cares. Grin

Dara100 - 13 May 2015 11:24 AM

Heh, I just took it as Christopher Walken doing his impression of Christopher Walken and liked it immensely.  One of my favorite games, in fact.

Dis gai… he’s un-FOCKing-believable. Grin

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 442

Joined 2006-06-14

PM

Terrific, but needs more cowbell!

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Dara100 - 13 May 2015 02:22 PM

Terrific, but needs more cowbell!

Christopher Walken is very fit for parodies. Wink

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

TimovieMan - 13 May 2015 02:35 PM

LOL. Speaking of parodies, still not sure why the robot guy in Toonstruck was impersonating him

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I love how everybody is defending Mr Walken. Smile It’s still bad acting!

Total Posts: 495

Joined 2008-07-23

PM

TimovieMan - 13 May 2015 02:35 PM

The Christopher… Walken pauses are the… best… things that ever happened to… the… adventure live-action ... genre…

Women come and go… a highscore lasts forever

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Abnaxus - 13 May 2015 06:53 PM

The Christopher… Walken pauses are the… best… things that ever happened to… the… adventure live-action ... genre…

LOL! So that’s where Jonathan Boakes got his pauses from.
Unless he had cue cards.  Grin

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

The pauses could also have been William Shatner’s influence. Cool

Walken just makes it creepier. Grin

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top