• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Monday 11 May 2015

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

The setting for Reversion: Chapter 2: The Meeting (2013) is the deserted city of Buenos Aires after the protagonist escaped from a heavily guarded hospital in the 1st Chapter. The goal of trying to regain his memory along with discovering how he got to wake-up 20 years in the future & why he’s so important through tracking down a particular scientist is only partially realised in this slightly longer commercially released 2nd part. I found it interesting enough to want more but sadly I can’t find any info about the development of further chapters which were obviously intended to complete the story.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Hi chrissie, do you know if that is(in the middle) supposed to be a resemblance for the Cleopatra obelisk (in Paris) ?

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Advie - 11 May 2015 02:18 PM

Hi chrissie, do you know if that is(in the middle) supposed to be a resemblance for the Cleopatra obelisk (in Paris) ?

Sorry Advie, I really don’t know but one does actually exist in BA, as far as I know constructed in 1936, so it’s their own unlike the ones in Paris, London & New York which I understand are ancient obelisks ‘nicked’ from ‘you’ !!!  Laughing

Total Posts: 1782

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

chrissie - 11 May 2015 03:00 PM

Sorry Advie, I really don’t know but one does actually exist in BA, as far as I know constructed in 1936, so it’s their own unlike the ones in Paris, London & New York which I understand are ancient obelisks ‘nicked’ from ‘you’ !!!  Laughing

Ahem! The London Needle was actually presented to London by the then Egyptian ruler I’ll have you know Chrissie. Nothing along the lines of the Elgin Marbles about that Grin

And to come back on topic:

I was interested in Reversion when the first part was released but I won’t play episodic released games for the very reason you talk about. I hate to be left high and dry like that (I’ll excuse Tex Murphy though Smile ).

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 2986

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Thank you Chrissie

—————————-

Jabod - 11 May 2015 03:08 PM

Ahem! The London Needle was actually presented to London by the then Egyptian ruler I’ll have you know Chrissie. Nothing along the lines of the Elgin Marbles about that Grin

i am afraid you are wrong Jabod, as its not a total B&W situation; the ruler at the time was Egyptian but under the British occupation (authority), so legally (paper work) it was alright, but culturewise (if you got what i mean, as this is far as my English vocabulary can figure) is otherwise, or lets say it plain a simple, it was against the Egyptian’s (themselves) will, and still maintain as an Egyptian property (at the public view); and people still interested in getting it back, until today. Smile

add: maybe you could smuggle it for me?

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Advie - 11 May 2015 03:37 PM

Thank you Chrissie

—————————-

i am afraid you are wrong Jabod, as its not a total B&W situation; the ruler at the time was Egyptian but under the British occupation (authority), so legally (paper work) it was alright, but culturewise (if you got what i mean, as this is far as my English vocabulary can figure) is otherwise, or lets say it plain a simple, it was against the Egyptian’s (themselves) will, and still maintain as an Egyptian property (at the public view); and people still interested in getting it back, until today. Smile

add: maybe you could smuggle it for me?

Unfortunately Advie I can’t find a single thing to back that up. Muhammad Ali was in the Ottoman army before eventually becoming “The Father Of Modern Egypt”. The only thing sort of supporting your point is that Egypt threatened to demand the return of the obelisk presented to America (and is in Central Park) due to the fact that it had never been cleaned. Do you have any links that I can peruse?

Life is what it is.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

As far as I can tell Advie, the obelisks located in London, Paris & New York were all ‘gifts’ from the Egyptian ruler at the time I guess for diplomatic reasons but albeit legitimately received & owned. Personally I don’t think such large ancient items like that should ever have been moved from their original site where their presence is more relevant to those locations & serve to exude more sense of the past rather than being a mere tourist attraction in cities where frankly I feel they’re out of place!   

I was interested in Reversion when the first part was released but I won’t play episodic released games for the very reason you talk about. I hate to be left high and dry like that (I’ll excuse Tex Murphy though Smile ).

Yes, I don’t think games like this that fail to deliver do a lot of favours for the many developers who rely on some finance from episodic releases to keep them going as yes, players are put off until a series is complete. I haven’t felt let down by Tex Murphy so far but on the other hand I’ve only played 2 of the games & probably in the wrong order!  Laughing

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

chrissie - 11 May 2015 05:05 PM

As far as I can tell Advie, the obelisks located in London, Paris & New York were all ‘gifts’ from the Egyptian ruler at the time I guess for diplomatic reasons but albeit legitimately received & owned. Personally I don’t think such large ancient items like that should ever have been moved from their original site where their presence is more relevant to those locations & serve to exude more sense of the past rather than being a mere tourist attraction in cities where frankly I feel they’re out of place!   

Yes, I don’t think games like this that fail to deliver do a lot of favours for the many developers who rely on some finance from episodic releases to keep them going as yes, players are put off until a series is complete. I haven’t felt let down by Tex Murphy so far but on the other hand I’ve only played 2 of the games & probably in the wrong order!  Laughing

On the Tex front Chrissie I was thinking of the cliff-hanger end of Overseer which was released at the beginning of 1998 and the eventual answers in Tesla released last year which isn’t really episodic in the true sense of the word Smile
As for play order, Overseer can be played at anytime (it’s actually a reworking of Martian Memorandum) but the others really should be UaKM, PD then Tesla to allow for Tex’s story to unfold properly but they all do stand alone perfectly well.

Life is what it is.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Jabod - 12 May 2015 08:12 AM

On the Tex front Chrissie I was thinking of the cliff-hanger end of Overseer which was released at the beginning of 1998 and the eventual answers in Tesla released last year which isn’t really episodic in the true sense of the word Smile
As for play order, Overseer can be played at anytime (it’s actually a reworking of Martian Memorandum) but the others really should be UaKM, PD then Tesla to allow for Tex’s story to unfold properly but they all do stand alone perfectly well.

Thanks Jabod, I tried UaKM but didn’t get very far as I found the interface ‘whizzy’ but dearly wanted to find out about the world of Tex Murphy & successfully managed to get through The Pandora Directive by joining in with the playthrough here. I played Tesla Effect shortly after & know now that I will have no problem getting through UaKM but just haven’t had time - I’m looking forward to the history!  Laughing

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top