• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

apignarbCharophycean

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Sunday 10 May 2015

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Today is Mother’s Day!  Well, at least in many countries. So let’s pay tribute to a few mothers in our adventure games.

There’s the atrocious, revolting thing that the poor children in Sanitarium call “Mother”, but I’m not going to honor her it with a pic. Be gone! Then there’s Kate’s mother on the phone in Syberia, who only talks about herself and doesn’t listen to her daughter: Kaaate! I’ve been trying to contact you for hours darling! Too bad we don’t get to see her face.

Next is Feeble’s mother on the vidphone. She’s a totally unimportant NPC, but I’m sure everybody who has played the Feeble Files remembers her messages. Got to love the guilt trips she lays on him.  I was just wondering when you’re going to come and see me next? It’s been such a long time I can hardly remember what you look like.  What?!? Your son paid you a visit only two cycles ago!

Roger’s mom in Bad Mojo died while giving birth to him and still tries to help her son from the grave. Now that’s devotion for you! She often speaks in rhymes and riddles, and is not afraid of platitudes. Know the chain reaction that is part of all things… remember every action ripples and ripples and ripples… you cannot run from fear. Without her advice Roger would not have made it. 

Valanice in King’s Quest VII may be bossy, fussy, and prissy, but she is kind and will do anything to save her daughter. It takes courage to jump after her into that vortex thingie. Rosella, where are you? What is this place? Where is my Rosella, my child? The archetypal loving mother.

I wish you’d call me Mom, sweetie. Hey computer! That should be Captain Sweetie! Sunny, overprotective Mom in Broken Age does everything she can to keep her son from growing up. Sufffocating. Poor Shay turned out amazingly sane though.

Who else?

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Well, Curtis had some mommy issues in Phantasmagoria 2…...Wink

Total Posts: 495

Joined 2008-07-23

PM

Chloe`s mother, Joyce, from Life is Strange. She seems like that type of woman who had a rough life and bad taste in men but she is also strong and independent and loves her daughter very much.

Women come and go… a highscore lasts forever

Total Posts: 127

Joined 2014-01-05

PM

Well, we don’t know how Mama Stobbart looks like, but we know that she didn’t raise no suicidal fools, though.

Recently played: Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons 5/5, Bioshock 2 4/5, Tomb Raider (2013) 3/5 Looking forward to: Gibbous, Saint Kotar

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Perils of Man has a overprotective crazy mom.

I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream has this lovely scene in Benny’s story

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Sefir - 10 May 2015 07:47 AM

Well, Curtis had some mommy issues in Phantasmagoria 2…...Wink

God, yes… Curtis and his mommy issues, how could I forget.

I suddenly remembered two more mothers. Toddler’s mummy in Among the Sleep and Alice in Richard and Alice with her little son Barney.

Great additions! Perils of Man is new to me, and I haven’t played the second episode of Life Is Strange yet.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 2063

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

In Darkseed 2 we meet Mike Dawson’s mommy every day - she is always cooking something in the kitchen until her head explodes.

Also both parents of Guybrush Threepwood appear in Monkey Island 2.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

How about Zoë‘s mother in Dreamfall?

She easily takes the prize as WORST MOM EVER!
She has just put her own child in a coma, not to mention what she did do Faith, who is technically also her child - Though her motives for putting Zoë in a coma, might not have been entirely malicious.

Edit: And if we look at the sequel, then we of course have Edna, Saga’s mother, and Mother Utana who is Kian’s foster mother.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Great thread, Karlok! Thumbs Up

Catherine certainly had her woes as a mother, but here in Myst III: Exile she seems content with baby Yeesha. 

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

very nice, touching and lovely theme, here!

One of the most moving scenes about mother at adventure gaming was at (of the recently played) The Night of the Rabbit, when Jerry was late for dinner (8 months) Smile, and mother had to leave home, broken after losing hope in Jerry’s return

The home Decayed
You were gone for long
too late for dinner
too late for school
i had to go
dont forget me, my darling, DARLING son.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

A couple more moms

The strong independent Mama Bosco from Sam and Max

A little reference of Mama Murphy meddling in Tex love life

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Time Hollow gave us Ethan Kairos’ mom (who disappears early in the game together with his father):

She’s described in-game as a good mom (but she needs to season her cooking a bit more Tongue)...

And the last two Professor Layton games (Miracle Mask and Azran Legacy) gave us the Professor’s mom Lucille:

And since grandmothers count as well for Mother’s Day, here’s Grandma Knight:

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top