• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissiekanaifu

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Friday 08 May 2015

Total Posts: 5814

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

By the time I’d finished playing Freeware game Snakes of Avalon (2010) on its initial release I thought I’d sussed out what was going on but on replaying it recently realised I’d overlooked a minor detail which sent my original interpretation of it into ‘hogwash land’!

Split into 4 Acts this 3rd person perspective game, with a pleasing soundtrack at times, focuses on down & out alcoholic Jack who while drinking in the bar Avalon stumbles across a murder plot & decides to do the right thing & intervene to prevent it.
There’s not much to explore as there’s really only 1 location + some expansion on it with some interesting surreal alternatives of it later which seemed to merge reality, past memories & hallucination.
I was engaged for the couple of hours or so that it took me to complete, I liked the puzzles, the dark humour & the intriguing twist which I still haven’t fathomed out but some players may find the references to bodily disfunctions offensive. 
Although I’m not aware that it won in any of them the game was deservedly nominated for an AGS award in 9 different categories.   

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top