• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

My Dune

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Wednesday 06 May 2015

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I haven’t played a Telltale game in a long time. First there was Sam&Max;, then MI, then Back to the Future, but I balked at the Walking Dead. I’ve always enjoyed interactive movies, but zombies… yuck! The whole thing looked and sounded terribly unappealing. I guess this feeling of aversion is the reason I must be the last person at the forums to discover The Wolf Among Us (2013/14). I only played the first episode yesterday, can’t wait to play the rest! I love everything about it, the art style, music, story, writing, atmosphere, characters, and the magnificent voiceacting. My type of interactive adventure movie.  Heart Eyes

PS: Haven’t we met before? says Wolfie to a girl who later turns out to be Little Red Riding Hood. LOL!

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

I really wasn’t expecting to like The Wolf Among Us, but I kept hearing such positive things from so many different places that when I saw the first episode for free on Android I thought I may as well give it a go.

Within minutes of completing the first episode I had bought the season pass.

Even now I don’t know whether it fits into my personal idea of what an adventure game is, certainly not a traditional one anyway, but I do know that I really enjoyed it.  I knew nothing of the world going in and wasn’t particularly fussed about the art style, but the whole thing works together well to make a really great little game, best thing from Telltale for my money by a country mile. (Previously I wanted to like BTTF and some of their others, but I just didn’t).

I really don’t care that pretty much all the choices are just illusions or that there is no inventory or even whether it is an adventure game - it’s still a gripping and enjoyable game.

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Excellent game. The base material helped a lot, full of great characters. I doubt at this point we’ll ever see another season.
I recommend the graphic novels for anyone that wants to see more of this fairy tale world.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

I am a huge fan of the Fables comics, so when I started playing TWAU, I had different expectations and it met them all and maybe even surpassed them. It is not a traditional game (just like all new Telltale games are non traditional), but it is still really fun and very exciting till the end. One of my favorite “adventure” games of last year for sure. Karlok, if you like the first act, wait till you play the rest Grin

I am bummed that there probably won’t be a sequel, but to anyone who is really thirsty to explore more of the Fables universe, I highly recommend reading the comics.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

It’s the last Telltale game I’ve played (well, I played the first episode of TWD season 2, but didn’t like it and stopped there), and I really liked it. I didn’t know anything about the comics, but it got me reading them, which I enjoyed quite a bit (and then Amazon bought Comixology and made it inconvenient to buy comics through their iOS app, and I kind of forgot about the whole thing).

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

I also like TWAU (not as much as TWD 1&2 though). Being a comic fan, I was really intrigued of the game’s style and storyline. THough some characters are poorly designed (Snow most of all), Bigby was a spot on and the story serves its “prequel to the Fables comics” purpose really good!!
Nice soundtrack too!!

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I finished it today. Tried to make it last as long as possible, but it’s over. I’m going to replay it soon with different choices. What a game! I had not heard of Fables before, such a great idea to mix reality with fairy tales. 

Does anybody know why there wasn’t a sequel, didn’t it sell well? I want another adventure with Bigby and Snow!

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Karlok - 10 May 2015 09:26 AM

Does anybody know why there wasn’t a sequel, didn’t it sell well? I want another adventure with Bigby and Snow!

I don’t think it did bad but Telltale as around 5000 projects in the pipeline all based on better known properties. A sequel could be possible but I think it’s highly improbable.

As for Bigby and Snow, well, I don’t want to spoil anything but read the comics Smile

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Yeah, I tried the first book, Kindle edition. It’s okay, I guess. I want voices, animation, action. I want to be part of it all! Maybe I would feel differently if I’d read the comics first, don’t know.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top