• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Sunday 03 May 2015

Total Posts: 7439

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I agree with the posters in the Broken Age thread who insist that we wouldn’t have seen so many adventures in the making if the Double Fine Kickstarter hadn’t paved the way. I won’t back another Kickstarter anytime soon, but I won’t ever regret donating to the Tesla Effect, Lilly Looking Through, the Serpent’s Curse, Moebius, Armikrog, Obduction, and others. And to a game called Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today (2015). My expectations weren’t very high at the time, it was more like, okay doesn’t look half-bad, let’s give this one 20 dollars. And then I forgot all about it.

Awsome game. Very immersive. Dark, bleak, sci-fi story. Excellent writing. I couldn’t stop playing it. I’m delighted there will be a sequel. 

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Karlok - 03 May 2015 11:32 AM

My expectations weren’t very high at the time, it was more like, okay doesn’t look half-bad, let’s give this one 20 dollars. And then I forgot all about it.

That was also my own thoughts, I however still haven’t had a chance to play it yet, but based on what I have read it looks like 20$ well spend.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i would have loved to see, the most controversial scene at the game, when Michael tore of the dead priest face! Gasp Meh  Shifty Eyed  Sick

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Advie - 03 May 2015 01:57 PM

i would have loved to see, the most controversial scene at the game, when Michael tore of the dead priest face! Gasp Meh  Shifty Eyed  Sick

Well, the chain of events that lead to that scene start here. Using the kids to distract the guard could only end up badly  Neutral

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

The Bingo, uh!, i mean BINGO! Grin

a cherry for you, if you told me what movie reference was that, lol

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Advie - 03 May 2015 03:31 PM

Inglourious Basterds?!?

I won’t back another Kickstarter anytime soon,

Why is that? (if you want to answer). Like you said, lots of good came from it.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

wilco - 03 May 2015 04:08 PM

Inglourious Basterds?!?

Zats right!
you will have do with , no cherries

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Advie - 03 May 2015 04:23 PM

Inglourious Basterds?!?

Zats right!
you will have do with , no cherries

Total Posts: 2986

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Haven’t heard about this game until the AG review and I have to say that I am very intrigued. Surely takes a place in my next-to-play list….

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Don’t post Michael Fassbender here, it causes me to melt. It’s worse than Hypnotoad.

I was a bit on the fence backing this up but I tried the demo back then and the concept was made for my tastes, and I thought the art to be interesting as well. So I ended up backing but mostly forgot about the game until it popped up all ready.

I ended up liking it more than I anticipated, the setting was great and it was wonderfully depicted. It’s indeed good news that the story will be continuing.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 7439

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I won’t back another Kickstarter anytime soon,

Why is that? (if you want to answer). Like you said, lots of good came from it.

Disappointed. So many reasons. Some games didn’t see the light of day, money down the drain. Reading the updates of a couple of other games became painful, so I stopped doing that. Two developers gave me the impression they used the Kickstarter money to finance other, more interesting projects. One developer started a new Kickstarter campaign while the first game was nowhere near completion. Oculus Rift was sold to Facebook. I’m still angry about that one. And last but not least: I donated too much money to projects I believed in.

I’m not against crowdfunding, Kickstarter and Indiegogo are very useful. But I’ve done my share. If I ever decide to back another project, it will get twenty bucks from me and my best wishes.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Karlok - 04 May 2015 04:22 AM

Disappointed. So many reasons. Some games didn’t see the light of day, money down the drain. Reading the updates of a couple of other games became painful, so I stopped doing that. Two developers gave me the impression they used the Kickstarter money to finance other, more interesting projects. One developer started a new Kickstarter campaign while the first game was nowhere near completion. Oculus Rift was sold to Facebook. I’m still angry about that one. And last but not least: I donated too much money to projects I believed in.

I’m not against crowdfunding, Kickstarter and Indiegogo are very useful. But I’ve done my share. If I ever decide to back another project, it will get twenty bucks from me and my best wishes.

Good reasons, In part I feel the same way after being burned sometimes, but still believe and back a lot of projects but the days of big spendings are over. Just small amounts and when there is playable prototype available or a very solid plan. I did stop reading updates on projects unless there is a demo or a release date announced…

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

It’s hard not to be disappointed by the Kickstarters, I’ve become a lot more reluctant when it comes to donating myself. In the beginning I was throwing all my money at them left and right, but none of them have come close to my initial expectations. The few that have delivered on time have been the exception to the rule, and the majority of the kickstarters I’ve backed have turned out a whole lot less entertaining than I imagined they would (that is, the ones that have been released… the majority of them are still in the works, and, sadly, several games I backed failed to reach their funding goal). But I agree with Karlok, DoubleFine did indeed pave the way for lots of adventures that we surely wouldn’t have seen otherwise, and for that I’m really happy.

I don’t really mind the delays too much, I can be very patient waiting for something good, but when the Kickstarter craze began, I imagined there would be a bunch of upcoming games that would evoke that feeling I’d get when playing the old classics, games that would put todays AG standards to shame, but that hasn’t happened yet (though I enjoyed BS5 and Broken Age more than I have most modern adventures). This is probably in part due to me not being the same person I was 15-20 years ago, I experience things differently now than I would back then, but I feel it’s safe to claim that none of the returning veteran developers have managed to top the quality we associated with them in the nineties.

The biggest disappointments for me have been Moebius and Larry Reloaded. I never even finished Moebius and it’s extremely rare that I don’t complete a game I’ve paid for, but I’ll probably get back to it some day.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top