• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AGSOTD

Total Posts: 4255

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

I know you love cartoons, Dag, but you shouldn’t have tried the stunts those cartoon folks do. They can get away with hitting a brick wall while driving a motorcycle in full speed, unlike us poor humans (obviously) .

I hope you get well soon. Cheers.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Hope you get well soon Dag.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Sorry to hear that you’ve been in an accident Dag, get well soon! & I look forward to your AGS’sotD when you’re ready!

Total Posts: 5050

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Mend well. Everything else can wait.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 5594

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Dear Dag,
I’ve been looking through my tomes
Your fractures to reverse.
But with my skills in magic,
I’d only make things worse.

So here’s a wish for healing
Rather than a spell:
I hope those bones mend quickly
And soon you’ll be all well!

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 523

Joined 2010-02-08

PM

Hope your recovery goes smoothly, Dag.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Just a quick reminder of the current AGSOTD format:

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I love the poster diego but Casual Friday really is just rtrooney’s day!  Smile

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I’m happy to share.  Smile

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I’m having a bit of a problem. Normally I just use Alt|PrtScn to capture a screen. Paste it into Paint and transfer it to Imgur for uploading. Lately that method has become quite unreliable. I don’t know whether it is a problem with the game itself, or with Options/Settings within the game. But recently, when I paste the screen capture into Paint, I get a black screen about 30% of the time. That just isn’t going to cut it when I have to do this 52 times a year. Any recommendations for a (preferably free) screen capture program that is a little more reliable?

TIA, Tim

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Well I use the basic fraps. It takes screenshots from most of Steam games that usually have a high risk of giving that black window. The free version takes unlimited amounts of screenshots, though in .bmp format, so it’s recommended to save the pictures you want to keep as .png or .jpg or something, so they don’t take hundreds of megs of space.

In case of some visual novels and like that use a strange engine fraps doesn’t recognise, I also have my print screen button tied to taking a desktop screenshot and sending it directly to my dropbox, which manages to take some screenies of most of games as well (the biggest issue again being Steam games). Steam’s own screenshot is so low quality that I really don’t like using it.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

I have also used the basic version of fraps for a long time, and it works fine, you just have to convert the bmp files before uploading them.

(I recently switched to MSI afterburner, but that would be overkill for just screenshots and only works with AMD cards.)

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Thanks to both. I will give fraps a try. I do have an AMD card.

Edit: I dl’d fraps. It seems pretty straightforward. I’m not sure about the default setting that takes another screenshot every ten seconds until you hit the F10 button again. I think, in the long run, $37 might be a cheap price to pay for getting your screenshot in the format you want to use.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Just curious. Has anybody heard from Dag? I wonder how he’s doing. I think he expected to be posting by now.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

It worked for a while, but my latest offerings have sparked ZERO conversation! I feel like posting 3 times a week is tiring people and imposing a certain one-sided contribution that is working against the collective format idea. I enjoy posting, but not when it becomes nuisance, or even worse - when it produces indifference. I’d need someone to step in.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top