• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

NDF

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Thursday 30 April 2015

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

The Fool and His Money (2012) by Cliff Johnson is a marvelous puzzle game. The sequel to Fool’s Errand, which I haven’t played. Loved the game, hated the fact that most word puzzles were too difficult for a non-native. I could do some parts but needed a walkthrough to finish them. 

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Never finished Fool’s Errand (some of the puzzles were indeed really hard for non-natives). Didn’t play this one because the price was imo far too high. Has that changed in the meantime?

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 5594

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

CJ’s puzzles are real busters, even for native speakers, but I loved having my brain tortured by him.  I’ve played both Fool games, and I really enjoyed the metapuzzle concept where each small solve contributes to the map and then has to be assembled based on the fool’s escapades. 

I also played Cliff’s At the Carnival and the delightful 3 in Three, in which the number 3 gets pushed off a spread sheet and ends up solving puzzles in a text world while trying to get home again.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

TimovieMan - 30 April 2015 12:05 PM

Never finished Fool’s Errand (some of the puzzles were indeed really hard for non-natives). Didn’t play this one because the price was imo far too high. Has that changed in the meantime?

No, the price is still 40 dollars. It was worth it for me. So many hours of fun, much more than any adventure game.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top