• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Cage Match#8 (...Sure Seen This Coming) 

Poll: Daedalic vs TTG
Total Votes: 22
Daedalic Entertainment
Telltale Games

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Daedalic Entertainment  Wins!

Score for the record:-
Daedalic Entertainment: 10
Telltale Games: 08

————————————————-

Daedalic Entertainment Vs Telltale Games

Hypothetically speaking; if there is a chance for only one of those two flourishing Adventure Games developers, to live for a decade or two to come, which would you rather see surviving….

Image Attachments

daedalicVsTTG.jpg

Total Posts: 495

Joined 2008-07-23

PM

If I had to choose only one of the two companies it would be Daedalic because they focus on old school 2D point`n`click adventure games which are my cup of tea. Telltale`s games are starting to become the Call of Duty of the adventure genre.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Daedalic because I’m more interested in their future projects. Telltale seems to be happy with churning out the same stuff and has a lot of talent jumping ship.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

That isn’t even a match!

The most reliable provider of high quality adventure games in the recent years vs. ...

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Iznogood - 22 April 2015 11:22 AM

That isn’t even a match!

to tell you the truth Izno, i am Surprised really. (of results so far)
like (ie) there is a sorta of an old poll (2-3 years) at Mix n’ Jojo_com, which is supposed to be a fan club for SCUMM and Lucasarts very loyal fans. i mean it not a mainstream gaming site or whatever…
The poll title was/is Aside from LucasArts, who makes the best adventure games?, first thing you notice that TTG had Toppled Sierra_Online Sarcastic, and second is Daedalic was referred to/at (if it was the case, hopefully) Others .

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Let me just prefix this by saying that I am basing my choice on the present time, because in all honestly I have no idea how either of these 2 companies will look like in the future.

I am scared to say this Confused, because I know how unpopular Telltale is around these forums, but I have to go with my heart and say Telltale. I really enjoyed their Walking Dead and The Wolf Among Us games a lot, and I have heard really good things about Tales from the Borderlands. Yes they barely have any puzzles and they are not challenging, but that is not my highest criteria when judging an adventure game. To me it is the story and the characters, the animation and voice overs, and Telltale does a really good job in those fields.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Advie - 22 April 2015 01:01 PM

there is a sorta of an old poll (2-3 years) at Mix n’ Jojo_com, which is supposed to be a fan club for SCUMM and Lucasarts very loyal fans. i mean it not a mainstream gaming site or whatever…
The poll title was/is Aside from LucasArts, who makes the best adventure games?, first thing you notice that TTG had Toppled Sierra_Online Sarcastic, and second is Daedalic was referred to/at (if it was the case, hopefully) Others .

The poll from Mixnmojo isn’t that surprising because of the fact that it is a SCUMM and LucasArts loyal fan club. Telltale Games was started by former LucasArts employees, so it is expected that it would get a lot of love from the old LucasArts loyal fans. I bet if Double Fine made a lot of adventure games, it would be high on the list too.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

you are right and wrong SoccerDude about DF, being there at that list, as it seems my snap shot wasn’t cropped correctly , but it (DF) was at the list, but down below with a very low number of votes too. (yea, maybe not enough games yet as you told to get that attention needed)

you can only check the list if you are registered, thats why if i even posted it (the link) still you wont be able to see it, unless you go check the site yourself and register….

Total Posts: 2989

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Daedelic of course. It’s not even a contest!
Especially now that TWD fun madness (including me) wore off.

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

My vote goes to Daedalic easily. TTG are good story-tellers and have great voice actors, but their graphics, lack of puzzles and player interactivity in general (and especially the player notifications) makes me cringe or roll my eyes. But Daedalic aren’t perfect either. What TellTale does well, Daedalic does badly, and vice versa. If you could combine Telltales writing and voice overs with Daedalics art and puzzles, you’d have a pretty awesome adventure game company.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Well, I think there is a contest, but Daedalic still wins. And not even because it keeps the old point&click; style alive. (Where do these semicolons come from, btw?)

I adored TWAU and I really have nothing against Telltale, but Daedalic keeps making amazing adventure games and seems to actually manage to be more inventive with its old school approach than Telltale.

Thinking about how the things are now, I feel that Daedalic still has tons of aces in the sleeve, while a lot of other companies are already able to achieve similar storytelling to Telltale. (Life Is Strange is better, for example.)

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 7445

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

millenia - 23 April 2015 09:17 AM

Well, I think there is a contest, but Daedalic still wins. And not even because it keeps the old point&click; style alive. (Where do these semicolons come from, btw?)

Yeah, whenever I try typing Sam&Max; a semicolon appears out of nowhere.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Karlok - 23 April 2015 09:58 AM
millenia - 23 April 2015 09:17 AM

Yeah, whenever I try typing Sam&Max; a semicolon appears out of nowhere.

Hmm, I’d guess the site thinks anything with & is html code or something and decides to “correct” it with the ; in the end. Or, perhaps the semicolon is just obsessively in love with &.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 683

Joined 2010-02-05

PM

Tough call for me.
On one hand, I haven’t played a Daedalic game that I liked. On the other, I don’t like any of the new Telltale games.

But I did enjoy some of the older Telltale stuff, and their writing is so much better. I have to go with Telltale.

Sorry Daedalic, your graphics are amazing but sadly nothing else.

I Am the Knight of the Order of the Sun!

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Daedalic Wins!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top