• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieGabriel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Tuesday 21 April 2015

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

‘LET’S WORK TOGETHER’ - Week Special

Emile and his faithful companion Walt working together in Valiant Hearts. You could say the theme of the game is cooperation between the five main characters in order to save human lives, but Walt is special. Everybody loves dogs, so he can distract enemy soldiers. He can fetch objects from locations inaccessable to humans. And he can push levers. Walt is incredible. Smile

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Yet another one?!?
The mission of playing all the AG’s around becomes pretty much as possible as reading all the books out there.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

zobraks - 21 April 2015 04:10 AM

Yet another one?!?

Not really.

Laughing

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

He was probably watching tennis at that time.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Definitely maybe , I’m watching tennis (and/or snooker) all the time.

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

diego - 21 April 2015 05:29 AM

Definitely tennis. The US Open was reaching the quarter final stage at that time. Innocent

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 495

Joined 2008-07-23

PM

zobraks - 21 April 2015 06:05 AM

Definitely maybe , I’m watching tennis (and/or snooker) all the time.

I`ve just watched how Ding Junhui failed to do a 147 because he FORGOT he was going for the maximum break and went with the white ball near the blue instead of the black Pan

Women come and go… a highscore lasts forever

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Ding will be glad to pass Davis any which way he can, even without a maximum break.
It was 0:4 yesterday, remember?

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 495

Joined 2008-07-23

PM

I think he will, now is 6-6. (sorry Karlok for the off-topic Neutral )

Women come and go… a highscore lasts forever

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I’ll add a somewhat off-topic observation of my own: I miss Sefir and Zifnab.  Frown

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

TimovieMan - 21 April 2015 06:37 AM
diego - 21 April 2015 05:29 AM

Definitely tennis. The US Open was reaching the quarter final stage at that time. Innocent

Which is still a poor “alibi” for the fact that he haven’t heard of Valiant Hearts at all. Tongue UNLESS - it was a tennis/snooker match each time Valiant Hearts was mentioned on the forum!

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Playing Valiant Hearts right now. I picked it up from PSN, along with Never Alone, Papa and Yo and Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments, a few weeks back as they were free for PS-plus members. I’ve been a PS plus member for a long time, but this is the first time I’ve ever had any use for it.

I didn’t really expect to like it, as I knew from an earlier AGSOTD by Karlok that there’d be silly action and arcade sequences, and as expected, I’m not really enjoying those, but there really is some charm to the game. I like the way it manages to tell such a powerful story without using any words. The artwork is good, and it’s also really educative, packed with facts about World War I. And Walt is really awesome. I haven’t finished the game yet, and I just hope that nothing bad happens to Walt before the end, I’m always worried when I send him to pick up explosives for me Confused

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Surely a great game. And while we all love Walt (zobraks excepted :p ), all characters were extremely well developed for such kind of a game. Their excellent drawing and animation, the WW1 educative theme and the great musical score at the arcade scenes elevated the game.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top