• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Cage Match#6 (In For The Balance) 

Poll: April Ryan Vs Zoe Castillo
Total Votes: 13
April Ryan
Zoe Castillo

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

April Ryan Wins!

Score for the record:-
April Ryan :09
Zoe Castillo :04

————————————————-

April Ryan Vs Zoe Castillo

I could on for a while, giving points to base this comparison on, but these characters, and however objective one want to be, it will come to how they have gotten to you, touched you, and felt real as much as possible, at the end.

I will go for Zoe, tho I have a very soft spot for April, but I think Zoe is much more beauty, with more mature characteristics, great voice and design plus real passion and talent toward life, love and work.

Image Attachments

april_Vs_Zoe1.jpg

Total Posts: 736

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

April for me, I think they didn’t do her justice in Dreamfall and made her almost some kind of lunatic.

Total Posts: 2989

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

What Bogi said. Though I didnt like Emo April from Dreamfall, TLJ April is probably the best and most realistically written female character ever on a game and is easily >>> Zoe, a character whose fate in Dreamfall I didnt even cared about.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I voted for Zoë Castillo.

I immediately found her a better character than April Ryan. It always felt to me that April Ryan was a typical student who somehow remained with that mindset despite an epic adventure (and then fast-forward to Dreamfall where she’s suddenly relegated to a cocky bitch). Zoë Castillo on the other hand, started as a student with no idea what direction or purpose she had in life, but also not afraid to admit that. And I felt that she grew into a confident mature person throughout the game, a feeling I lacked with April.

To me, Zoë Castillo is the most realistically and best written female in a game, and she trumps April Ryan with ease in my book…

Oh, and by the way, have I mentioned I named my daughter Zoë yet? Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

I love both, but if I have to choose then I will go with Zoë Castillo, for many of the same reasons that Timovieman mentioned. But also because Dreamfall is a darker and more sinister game than TLJ, and Zoë handles that really well. I’m not sure that April would have handled the whole thing with Faith equally well.

And I also think that Zoë looks better… What?!?... I AM a man you know

Both will of course soon be eclipsed by Saga… though come to think of it… Nah! No spoilers here

Quote of the day: I exposed a global conspiracy, and all they gave me was a lousy coma.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I voted for April because I thought her journey seemed to be a lot longer than Zoe’s!  Laughing

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Bogi - 20 February 2015 03:27 AM

April for me, I think they didn’t do her justice in Dreamfall and made her almost some kind of lunatic.

are you sure that this is April, she look more like Zoe in April’ outfit Smile

Total Posts: 736

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

Zopril Grin

(she indeed seems bustier Smile )

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top