• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Wednesday 18 February 2015

Total Posts: 7439

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I don’t have much time today (real life can be very demanding Mini Frown), so I’m hoping someone else will have something to say about Azrael’s Tear (1996).

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Karlok - 17 February 2015 07:00 PM

so I’m hoping someone else will have something to say about Azrael’s Tear (1996).

Well, Azrael is also the name of Gargamel’s cat in The Smurfs.

Cool

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

I never knew how to pronounce the title. Is it a ‘tear’ in the sense of the thing that happens when you cry? Or the thing that Gargamel’s cat does when he runs his claws down Gargamel’s curtains?

Total Posts: 4253

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Karlok - 17 February 2015 07:00 PM

I’m hoping someone else will have something to say about Azrael’s Tear (1996).

Me, me, me!
That’s a game with one of the most repulsive-looking interfaces in the history of adventure gaming.
Maybe it’s highly functional, though. I haven’t played it, so I don’t know.

Oscar - 17 February 2015 10:37 PM

Is it a ‘tear’... the thing that Gargamel’s cat does when he runs his claws down Gargamel’s curtains?

That meaning never occured to me.
See how positive I am.  Innocent

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 2983

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

zobraks - 18 February 2015 04:49 AM

That’s a game with one of the most repulsive-looking interfaces in the history of adventure gaming.

Still can’t beat Daedalus encounter.

Total Posts: 442

Joined 2006-06-14

PM

The interface wasn’t that bad imo.  It did need some tinkering to get it to work even on a computer that was contemporaneous with the game and I never did get the opening video, if there was one.  Actually, once I figured out the controls it was rather enjoyable game as far as I got, which wasn’t far since I was in a hurry to play another game, Darkseed 2 I think, or was it Phantasmagoria?

Total Posts: 415

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

I bought this game many years ago on the advice of Ray Ivey from Just Adventure. He loved this game and it is one of his favorites!  I don’t know why I didn’t get past the first 20 minutes of the game, but, I keep thinking that I want to try finishing it as I trust Ray’s judgement about games.  I loved Lands of Lore 1 and he said that this was similar. I have played Lands of Lore 1 probably around 10 times and enjoyed it every time. It is an epic game.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top