• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

BeckySamandMaxSefirTrumgottist

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Caption Contest!

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Results coming later tomorrow! There’s still time to win some fabulous awards!

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 5592

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 2988

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

diego - 10 May 2014 05:48 PM

Man: “Hey! Invisible Man! Get away from my wife!”

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Advie’s dream.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Ahaha , you know how to make my day Diego.

I guess the dialogue then would be like this “Hey ‘Berta did you see my new ‘iGuitar’!”

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

That’s it from the history. Let’s see:

Lady Kestrel - 10 May 2014 06:51 PM

See!  I am old enough!  Now give me that bourbon!

Iznogood - 12 May 2014 01:52 PM

Once again Theseus reached a dead end in the maze.
If only he had bothered to learn to walk instead of crawling on his back, it would have been much easier.

TimovieMan - 12 May 2014 03:15 PM

Robert: “My God, Tyler, you look like a mess!”
Tyler: “Heh, you should see the other guy…”

chrissie - 12 May 2014 01:55 PM

The talented lyre player wowed the X-Factor judges who weren’t so sure about the singing air-violin plucker.

TimovieMan - 11 May 2014 07:21 AM

Androgeny - which of the two people from the previous screenshot^^ am I?

Sefir - 10 May 2014 08:55 PM

Granpa was really angry about the flour prank.

Great! You win:

Parody cover of a parody cover!

Swimming/drinking instructions:

]

Cold remedy:

]

Air guitar!

and Aztec Challenge! (And a free remake.)

Runners-up

Sefir - 10 May 2014 08:52 PM

“HADOUKEN!!”

chrissie - 12 May 2014 02:19 PM

The sale of ‘Playgirls’ flopped after the launch of their new Aztec themed edition.

Iznogood - 11 May 2014 04:14 AM

Sefir - 18 May 2014 03:01 AM

Man: “Hey! Invisible Man! Get away from my wife!”

Lady Kestrel - 17 May 2014 06:33 PM

chrissie - 12 May 2014 02:41 PM

Their next lead was to track down a pole-dancer - they were both amazed but very disappointed.

Nice! You, and everyone else win:

It reminds me of a song…!

The manual for every fighting game!:

The Invisible man costume:

The allergy hat:

and the best Train movies!

Special “Caption Comic” award goes to:

TimovieMan - 13 May 2014 06:51 AM

Robert (explaining): “NO TICKET!”

Gabe (panicked): “Here’s my ticket!!!”

You win - a free ticket!

Special “When one caption picture isn’t enough” aka “Two for the price of one” aka “Hell, in what picture category should I award this” goes to:

Iznogood - 13 May 2014 01:15 AM

You win - simple comics:

And a special joint “Nudge”, “Spam” and “Shameless plug” award goes to diego, for having 15 (fifteen!) captions in his OWN caption round!

Thanks for joining! Tongue

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Old man:  I fell in a vat of flour.
Man on left: What’d you do when you fell into the flour?
Old man:  I yelled fire when I fell into the flour.
Man on right:  Why’d you yell fire when you fell into the flour?  That’s pretty ridiculous, if you ask me.
Old man:  Why I yelled fire because no one would save me if I yelled, “FLOUR!”
All:  Laly do dum, laly do dum day!

(Apologies to Tom and Dick Smothers)

Edit: Sorry for the late entry.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Those are excellent (and very silly) prizes, Diego!  I especially like the band parody and the hat for those with allergies.  Kudos to all who participated this time around.  You’re the best!

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Thanks diego - it’s always an honour to win a few wacky prizes when there were so many very amusing captions! My favourites were the 10 Hands Guitar Parody, the Aztec Challenge because the commentary was so deadpan & hilarious, the Bourbon (I feel a cold coming on - honestly!) & just think of all the places you could get in for free with that invisible man’s costume (that’s if you can find it of course!)

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Once again a great round with lots of funny captions, none mentioned - none forgotten… okay, if I have to mention some, then especially Chrissie’s “Pole Dancer” and Sefir’s “Flour prank” and Diego’s “Pool filled on the outside” and ...

Thanks Diego for hosting and judging this round, and thanks for all the funny prizes. I especially liked the Gotye parody, that was hilarious. But you mentioned it was a parody of a parody, what is it a parody of, or do you considers Gotye’s song to be a parody in itself?

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Iznogood - 19 May 2014 05:39 AM

But you mentioned it was a parody of a parody, what is it a parody of, or do you considers Gotye’s song to be a parody in itself?

Grin

This is how I discovered the song at first, I thought it was the original. Grin

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Absolutely brilliant round, and once again awesome prizes!

I especially enjoyed the flour prank, the AG shampoo, pools filled inside, big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey… stuff don’t blink and the Last Express newspaper clipping.

Had a good laugh with the Gotye parody (although the missus informed me I was a year late on that particular viral video because I have no Facebook account Shifty Eyed), invisible man costume, Don Corleone the air guitarist, and my free ticket…

Also: twice a winner! w00t!!! Cool

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Yet another excellent round. Too many great captions (I mostly enjoyed the “AdventureNews”, “Tomato Target”, “Daedalus maze” and “Blink” ones).

And thank you diego for the funny prizes. I surely loled at them. Smile

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

After a long, summer break, time to bring this thread back to the front page! Smile
Welcome to Caption Contest #42: The Shame!!
The following captions come straight from MI4, Jurassic Park, Simon the Sorcerer 3D and KQ8

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Due to new acrobatic approaches, she unanimously won the “Dentist” of the year” award.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top