• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Monday 02 February 2015

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I thought Louisiana Adventure (2012) with its intriguing if simple story, pleasing environments & interesting mechanics had the potential to be a much better game than it actually is.  I enjoyed it anyway & didn’t experience any of the technical difficulties or glitches reported by other players apart from the known crash on completing a piano puzzle. What I did find infuriating was the inability to restart the game without having to re-install it & wish I’d made a game save in the 1st scene.

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Um, just curious—how much progress did you lose when you had to reinstall?

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Sorry Becky, I worded that badly! - I haven’t tried re-installing the game yet so can’t tell you how much progress is lost. After I finished the 1st part of the game I realised that there was a tad more to it than I originally thought with e.g. trying different conversation choices but hadn’t made a game save early enough to replay the part!

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Oops! Sorry, I misunderstood.  Neutral

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

This was one of my most anticipated games at the time, and it disappointed me. I still think it could have been great, with a lot of work.

Total Posts: 5046

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Oscar - 02 February 2015 06:57 PM

I still think it could have been great, with a lot of work.

I think that can be said of just about every game that “missed the mark.” The list of 2014 games that fit that description is quite lengthy.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

rtrooney - 02 February 2015 10:44 PM

I think that can be said of just about every game that “missed the mark.” The list of 2014 games that fit that description is quite lengthy.

Maybe you could say it for Moebius, but that didn’t really need as much work to make it a lot better. The plot and concept for BS5 could only ever constitute an ‘above-average’ to ‘quite good’ game, even with its expensive graphics and voice acting, same goes for A Golden Wake, and the latest Carol Reed was just slightly below par in its plot.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Oscar - 02 February 2015 11:22 PM
rtrooney - 02 February 2015 10:44 PM

I wasn’t expecting so much from Louisiana Adventure & was surprised to find so many good features in the game.

Yes Tim, it’s another game that missed the mark! But I feel that the potential missed in this game was more down to some good ideas rushed through by a publisher & dumbed down to get the game out quickly! (What’s new!)

It would have helped a lot if there had been some background as to why a woman would be employed as an investigator in 1902 Louisiana & what her motivation was?  Also for the player she should have had a better title than Agent Katie! – oh pleease!!!  Also she’s posing as a tourist in men’s attire?????

There’s the premise of a very good story in the game which seemed to be unfortunately ‘drowned out’ by the focus on puzzles & didn’t really flow for me.  I didn’t really care too much for the characters except for the 2 ‘old-timers’ at conflict with each other as they still thought they were in the civil war & the coachman who was a helpful ‘sidekick’.  A bit more background on the characters & a little more fleshing out of the plot would have been great along with on the technical side not leaving most doors open & having the option to ‘Restart Game’!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top