• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CharophyceanGabriel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Wednesday 07 January 2015

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

TIME-TRAVEL - Week Special

TimeQuest was all about restoring the past, but in Shadow of Memories aka Shadow of Destiny you have to alter it. If you haven’t played this marvelous game, you should.

Protagonist Eike gets stabbed in the back and dies. In the afterlife (for lack of a better word) he meets the enigmatic Homunculus, who offers him the chance to change his destiny by going back in time and trying to stop his unknown murderer from striking again. Not as easy as it sounds. Your time is limited and Homunculus warns you: Unless you tear out its very root, destiny can’t be cheated.

Again, what you do and say does really matter, affects the future and the different endings. That’s one of the things I like most about time travelling.  Cool

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I spent weeks playing and replaying this game, and months thinking about the implications. I tried to figure out—what was the very first sequence in the game in terms of time—the first incident that triggered all the rest. Never could decide.

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Karlok - 07 January 2015 06:40 AM

If you haven’t played this marvelous game, you should.

*sigh*
Why is life so short?

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

Love this game.

The story is very engaging and once we began playing it, is almost impossible to stop, we must continue and continue, not only to survive but also to try to find the answer to all this enigma, who wants to kill us and why? And even at the end when we discovered the truth remains in our heads a lot of details and theories as Becky said,that make us think about the implications of our actions.

The game also offers the possibility of alternative endings, which is always a plus.

PS: Love the soundtrack and Homunculus, is he / she? does not matter, but is for me one of the most interesting characters I’ve ever seen in a game, his/her dialogues, apparitions & voice are too damn awesome.

Some of his/her quotes, including the one I have in my signature:

” Immortality has its perks, but you have to be given life first.”
” - You’re a little strange… - Well of course I am.” : )

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

Sorry for the pic and video, hope you don’t mind.

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I absolutely loved Junko Kawano’s DS game Time Hollow, so I’m definitely interested in this one.

I’ll echo zobraks’ statement… Meh

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

This is amongst my favourite games which I think was one of the 1st AGs released on PS2 the version I played. It was just so interesting with all the different possibilities & revisiting the same places in different time zones. I believe there are 5 different endings & it’s a game you can dabble around with trying different things on each playthrough - excellent!

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Renacimiento - 07 January 2015 04:56 PM

Sorry for the pic and video, hope you don’t mind.

Mind? On the contrary! Feel free to add any comments, opinions, pics, links. Just reading other people’s posts makes me want to play it again. I’ve already forgotten many details. Shadow of Memories would be an excellent candidate for a Community Playthrough. So much to discuss.  Cool

PS: Come to think of it, wasn’t there a sort of CP at Gameboomers many years ago? I seem to remember someone called Becky was the driving force behind it. Smile

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Karlok - 07 January 2015 06:28 PM

.........Just reading other people’s posts makes me want to play it again. I’ve already forgotten many details. Shadow of Memories would be an excellent candidate for a Community Playthrough. So much to discuss.  Cool

That’s a great idea!

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I expect both of you in the current The Whispered World Community Playthrough! I’m sorry, but forget about blonde ponytail hunk Eike and get on with the whiny-voiced clown!

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 555

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

Shadow of Memories would be an excellent candidate for a Community Playthrough. So much to discuss.  Cool

Oooh, that is a good idea.  I’d totally be down with that.  I’ve forgotten a lot of it as well.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

So this is a console game?

Total Posts: 555

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

Oscar - 07 January 2015 10:16 PM

So this is a console game?

It was originally a PS2 game, but it looks like there was a Windows port as well.

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

diego - 07 January 2015 08:43 PM

I expect both of you in the current The Whispered World Community Playthrough! I’m sorry, but forget about blonde ponytail hunk Eike and get on with the whiny-voiced clown

Leave this job (persuading other to come to the AGCP) for me please. There is still time for the chapter deadline and they both do play the game and were part of the current AGCP from the very beginning, just like you!!!

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I played SoM when it was released for PC 13 years ago. The box says Windows 95 OSR 2, 98 or XP. I must have played it on my win98 computer and it needed a patch to run properly. I’m afraid it may not be compatible with win7. I tried and absolutely nothing happened, just the drive whizzing away like mad. Frown

Any technical wizards around?

diego - 07 January 2015 08:43 PM

I expect both of you in the current The Whispered World Community Playthrough! I’m sorry, but forget about blonde ponytail hunk Eike and get on with the whiny-voiced clown!

Yessir!rightawaysir!

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

PS: Come to think of it, wasn’t there a sort of CP at Gameboomers many years ago? I seem to remember someone called Becky was the driving force behind it. Smile

I was part of an almost-community-playthrough of this game here at Adventure Gamers more than a decade ago, before the official CPTs were started. The thread from the archives is here.

When we first were playing and posting about SoD, the Adventure Gamers forums went down for quite a while, and the original thread was lost forever. So you’ll notice in the thread I just linked to, that large chunks of the original thread were re-entered from a printed copy of the thread.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top