• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Friday 02 January 2015

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Blazing Dragons (1996) is a p & c adventure released on Playstation & Sega Saturn to coincide with the launch of a TV series that ran from 1996 -1998. Aimed at children, I wasn’t expecting too much when I found a used copy for PS on Ebay until I realised that both the game & the series being the brainchild of Terry Jones were heavily influenced by Monty Python.

The story set in Camelhot is a twist on the King Arthur legend & features dragons as the main characters.  The game does contain a few fun arcade sequences but otherwise has an interesting plot, good voice acting…. & dialogue hiding a lot of subtle adult humour which was cut from TV episodes shown in the US.  I thought the game was a complete hoot & it’s a pity that a PC version was never made! 

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

The graphics look great, and anything that’s the brainchild of Terry Jones is already extremely interesti…....

chrissie - 02 January 2015 04:40 AM

released on Playstation & Sega Saturn

[...]

a PC version was never made!

Bugger!  Embarassed

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

& dialogue hiding a lot of subtle adult humour which was cut from TV episodes shown in the US.

Is the game title based on a certain movie from the 70s, also with a lot of adult humor?

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Zifnab - 02 January 2015 08:16 AM

& dialogue hiding a lot of subtle adult humour which was cut from TV episodes shown in the US.

Is the game title based on a certain movie from the 70s, also with a lot of adult humor?

I can’t think what movie you’re thinking of Zifnab -the only thing that springs to mind is Mel Brooks’ Blazing Saddles from 1974?

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Blazing Dragons is one of my favorite adventure games. Highly recommended! It’s not only the brainchild of Terry Jones, but it’s also developed by the same people who made the awesome Duckman adventure game, and features voice acting by Terry Jones, Cheech Marin and Harry Shearer! If you haven’t played this, you’re seriously missing out.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

chrissie - 02 January 2015 08:54 AM
Zifnab - 02 January 2015 08:16 AM

I can’t think what movie you’re thinking of Zifnab -the only thing that springs to mind is Mel Brooks’ Blazing Saddles from 1974?

That’s the one (never seen it myself). Do the dragons eat beans during the game, by any chance? Smile

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Zifnab - 02 January 2015 09:09 AM

chrissie - 02 January 2015 08:54 AM

That’s the one (never seen it myself). Do the dragons eat beans during the game, by any chance? Smile

I don’t remember what the dragons ate & there being any ‘windy’ scenes in the game Zifnab - please bear in mind it was made for children   Laughing  If you get a chance you should watch Blazing Saddles - it’s a very funny film!  Laughing

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

chrissie - 02 January 2015 09:30 AM

If you get a chance you should watch Blazing Saddles - it’s a very funny film!  Laughing

That it certainly is Thumbs Up, never heard of Blazing Dragons though.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Here’s another +1 for Blazing Saddles.

It’s where I got my “laurel & hearty handshake” quote from that I’ve used a few times to welcome new members… Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

I don’t remember what the dragons ate & there being any ‘windy’ scenes in the game Zifnab - please bear in mind it was made for children   Laughing

One thing I’ve learned about children’s entertainment is it almost always contains hidden adult humour Smile

Iznogood - 02 January 2015 10:52 AM

If you get a chance you should watch Blazing Saddles - it’s a very funny film!  Laughing

That it certainly is Thumbs Up, never heard of Blazing Dragons though.

Well if they breathe fire is it such a stretch to assume that they fart fire as well?  Laughing

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Watching the intro and some gameplay clips and it looks awesome for a PS1 game. This is the kind of game that needs to be released on PSN. Of course it’s also the kind of game that is probably stuck in copyright hell…

Cartoon show also looks but I don’t recall ever seeing it.

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

I thought the game was a complete hoot & it’s a pity that a PC version was never made!

I was always afraid Blazing Dragons were good (since I knew I’d never be able to play it, being a PC man and all).

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

I have a Saturn copy that I bought in 2004 but I remember the Playstation commercials that featured this game back when the system was spruiking its cinematic qualities. How strange would it feel to see an adventure game advertised on television today?

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

zobraks - 03 January 2015 07:41 AM

I thought the game was a complete hoot & it’s a pity that a PC version was never made!

I was always afraid Blazing Dragons were good (since I knew I’d never be able to play it, being a PC man and all).

It is always possible to get a copy of PS copy from ebay and run on PC through a emulator. I’ve heard they work pretty well these days Innocent

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

wilco - 03 January 2015 08:55 AM
zobraks - 03 January 2015 07:41 AM

It is always possible to get a copy of PS copy from ebay and run on PC through a emulator. I’ve heard they work pretty well these days Innocent

Who would have thought of THAT?!?

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top