• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Cage Match#1 (Voice Actors of Wadjet Eye)

Poll: Azriel Odin vs Horatio
Total Votes: 14
Brian Silliman/ Azriel Odin
Logan Cunningham /Horatio

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Brian Silliman wins!

—————————————-

prologue:-

Sometimes with no real specific reason, there are always somethings out-there crying to be put into comparison, away from the common comparisons, such as sport teams (i.e. Man.United vs Arsenal, or Barcelona Vs Real Madrid) or like with Metal Music (Megadeth Vs Metallica) there are 100s of other things always fun to get them into these kinds matches, of course/defiantly i will stay away of the oldest one in the History of Adventure gaming (Sierra Vs LucasArts) i think there are also other interesting challenges (and not-too-much lesser fun) to be taken/given.

—————————————-

When it comes to voice acting/casting at Wadjet Eye Games, one has to stop and stand astonished by the quality they give, and to never ever underestimate the power of voice acting over the quality/experience of one adventure game.

Those two voice actors for Gemini Rue and Primordia are my pick to be the 1sts of this 1st (rather relaxed) Cage Match .

P.S: am not really sure if the actors photos is good idea-for/to-add-up-to the comparison !?

Image Attachments

2309527-bsilliman.jpg

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Advie is back!

I haven’t heard these gentlemen/played neither of the two games, so I’ll wait for the match #2 (you know, Tim Curry vs Dean Erickson).

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

you mean as wild as I was 2 years ago? .. nah, think nothing would ever would make enthusiastic me as I was back then, I need to bashed (at) strongly to get the best of me:P

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I haven’t played Primordia, so only know Logan Cunningham’s voice from a few clips I watched, but my vote goes to Brian Silliman for Gemini Rue.

Azriel Odin’s raspy voice reminded me of Watchmen’s Rorschach, and it added greatly to the hard-boiled noir feeling of the game.

It’s one of the better voice jobs in any game, imo.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 444

Joined 2012-03-30

PM

Hard to choose. When I played Resonance I though that detective Bennett was voiced by the same guy as Azriel but he turned out to be Logan Cunningham. I like both their performances but I chose Brian Silliman because of Azriel’s character.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

thanks all for taking the time to participate at this vote.
it seems I am the only one who liked Logan Cunningham/Horatio more than Brian Silliman/ Azriel Odin, but that is totally fair, I guess.

the vote will go until next Saturday.

Total Posts: 2986

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Logan Cunningham, but based more on his superb Det. Bennet performance than his Horatio one.
Brian Silliman despite having a great Azriel performance, I found it being a bit of lacking realism in the final moments of the game after the brainwash.

Total Posts: 510

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

Brian Silliman, but probably only because I really enjoyed Gemini Rue but disliked Primordia. Guess the voices was actually one of the few things I thought was ok with that game.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Voting is over ,Brian Silliman it is.

Please Mods Lock the Thread.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

You don’t want it left open for future forumers to chip in?

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

I would like to get results, before we move on to the third match and we can leave the 2nd open.
2nd idea after having the results is to encourage people to make their votes in a week period from launching the vote/thread, and so on.

Maybe we can leave this one until tomorrow but I doubt that would change any result.

Thanks a Lot Timo.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top