• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Saturday 15 November 2014

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I enjoyed Moment of Silence and Overclocked, and had been looking forward to 15 Days (2010). It is not a good game and it kept crashing on me but the graphics are eye candy.

It’s sad that House of Tales is no more. The good news is that Martin Ganteföhr has joined Daedalic “to craft a wholly new game”. YES!  Thumbs Up

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I was a little disappointed with the ending of 15 Days but otherwise loved the story up until then. It’s a game though I would not recommend because of the technical issues of getting it to play on most systems - I just about got through it on a brand new PC with a good graphics card but even then I experienced many crashes.

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Whenever someone mentions 15 Days, I’m always reminded of this grotesque painting:

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

You don’t like Tony Bluff Blair?

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

zobraks - 15 November 2014 02:17 PM

You don’t like Tony Bluff Blair?

I adore him. But that’s not Tony Blair, it’s Srdjan Verbic:

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

I liked 15 Days more than Moment of Silence and Overclocked, though none of them were great. The story was interesting. I don’t know why it gets such a bad rap.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

The main problem but not the only one, that I had with 15 days was that it felt like they really wanted to make a movie instead, and then they occasional remembered that they were making a game and shoehorned in some puzzles.

Imltho 15 days is an example of everything that you should not do when you are making a game. I do however agree that the story was not terrible and that it had some nice graphics.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Yes, there were no challenging puzzles and maybe that’s why I liked it. The main thing I remember about the other House of Tales games is wandering around some very dull environments trying to figure out what to do, which wasn’t much fun.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

It is not so much the lack of challenges I disliked, it is more the whole way the game works, with the extreme over-reliance on cut-scenes and inconsistencies in what kind of game it actually wants to be. But I don’t want to sound like some grumpy 15 Days hater so I will no go further into this.

And I am glad that at least some liked this game.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top