• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Becky

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Saturday 18 October 2014

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Everybody knows Infocom and Legend Entertainment, whether they play text adventures or not, and Magnetic Scrolls may ring a bell. But only a handful of diehards will remember Telarium, a company that produced excellent games based on books. So text adventure of the month is their Perry Mason: The Case of the Mandarin Murder (1985). 

One of the first IF adventures I played on my Atari ST and a great one. Search for clues, talk to witnesses and experts, stun everybody in the courtroom with your mastermind. The parser had special commands for the courtroom (OBJECTION! Cool) and you could answer YES or NO to questions, with different results of course, although I don’t think it affected the game in the long term. For instance, you could make your faithful secretary Della angry, but she would still help you.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I’ve never even heard of this developer or of this game. My adventure game education is clearly incomplete.

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I’ve heard of Perry Rhodan. Does that count?

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

diego - 18 October 2014 10:37 AM

I can do better: I’ve heard of Perry Mason (and his usual methods of badgering confessions out of witnesses - sorta like Phoenix Wright but then on TV and 50 years ago).

Hadn’t heard of this game, though.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

TimovieMan - 18 October 2014 11:03 AM
diego - 18 October 2014 10:37 AM

I can do better: I’ve heard of Perry Mason

Hadn’t heard of this game, though.

I can do even better, I’ve actually seen one or two of the episodes.

Also never heard of the game though.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

It’s been about ten years since I heard of this game, and I’ve learned about Perry Mason long time before that.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I heard about the game but never played it.  Fuchsia and cyan make my eyes bleed.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 555

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

I’ve actually played this before.  Within the past few years too.

And now our cycle of every poster gradually being more familiar with this game and its subject matter is complete.

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Did you like the game? You played it so many years later, did it stand the test of time?
And what made you decide to play it, do you often play text adventures?

Just curious. Smile

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top