• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Sunday 28 September 2014

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Normality (1996) is not an obscure game and yet it is rarely mentioned on the forum. It must have been one of the first 3D adventures. Blurry graphics, but Kent looks pretty good in the cut scenes. 

Kind of amusing that Kent lives in a totalitarian state where whistling a tune is a reason to throw someone in jail, whereas citizens in the Feeble Files were forced to put on a happy face all the time. I guess there’s just as much variation in oppressive regimes in games as there is in real life.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Karlok - 28 September 2014 05:44 AM

I guess there’s just as much variation in oppressive regimes in games as there is in real life.

You lucky bastard.
For some of us oppressive regimes are (or at least were) real life.

Normality is a great quirky game I have played 10 years ago.
I recommend it to all the fans of weird and original adventures.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Sorry Zobraks, I didn’t mean to be flippant. I do realize I’m lucky.

Here is a commercial that makes fun of North Korea. Terrible regime, but nothing wrong with a little humor.

IMO.  Shifty Eyed

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I will hopefully be playing this one soon, I remember reading about it when it was released and got it when it was released digitally recently.

Total Posts: 2060

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

I think my favourite oppressive regime is the one in Zork: Grand Inquisitor Heart Eyes

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I bought the DOS version of this one several months ago and am hoping it’ll work in Boxer.  I always liked the look of it, despite the blurry graphics.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Karlok - 28 September 2014 07:23 AM

Sorry Zobraks, I didn’t mean to be flippant.

No problem, no harm done.

Lady Kestrel - 28 September 2014 03:37 PM

I always liked the look of it, despite the blurry graphics.

You’ll probably like the puzzles and the general atmosphere of the game even more, Lady K.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I remember playing Normality some time after it was released - it was revolutionary. I’m talking “King’s Quest” or “Wolfenstein” revolutionary. I don’t care if it wasn’t the very first “3D adventure”, it was unheard of to be in a Duke Nukem world and still solve puzzles and play a “regular” adventure.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Hehe, this screenshot evokes bad memories in me Grin This was the first 3D adventure game I played. I remember playing it when it was quite new, a friend brought it over, and said it was “just like the monkey island games”. I must admit I had some difficulty hiding my disappointment when the game fired up. It was nothing like Monkey Island! Monkey Island is beautiful, and this.. this visual monstrousity… NooOO! Ever since I played Normality, I’ve had a bad relationship with 3D graphics and first person view.. Tongue

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top