• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Thursday 28 August 2014

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Thud may not be the most intelligent creature in the Space Bar, but he means well…

Sorry Fleeb, I’ll try harder next time.

is kind-hearted…

Oh Fleebix, you’re turning blue, you need help? Maybe if I shake your jar a little?

and playful…

Wanna play odd-even?

always does his best to carry out orders…

Magic! Paper coming out! Maybe some secret message. Thud on important mission!

and has a riveting smile to boot. He is an adorable Salavraster and I love him because he’s incredibly funny. 

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Hah, my favourite emp-tel sidekick. I agree that he’s the funniest character in that (already pretty funny) game.

The Fleebix and Thud emp-tel was the best of the game for me. Cool

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Ah, the memories…The Space Bar was the first CP I took part in….

I hated Thud with a passion. I still do. One of the reasons for that is the fact that I believe he was the most poorly voiced character in TSB. The other reason was that he kept talking inside that d**n mailman minivan, not letting me eavesdrop an important conversation that was happening at the same time outside the minivan. At least he means well. No matter how much he makes poor Fleebix suffer.

The Fleebix & Thud emp-tel was nice in general (though surely not the best).

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I love Thud!  Just don’t offer to play catch with him in the bar. Smile

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Sefir - 28 August 2014 10:17 AM

I hated Thud with a passion. I still do. One of the reasons for that is the fact that I believe he was the most poorly voiced character in TSB.

What?!? Arguing about passionate hate is pointless, but poorly voiced?? IMO the voiceacting in the Space Bar is uniformly excellent and Thud is certainly no exception.

The other reason was that he kept talking inside that d**n mailman minivan, not letting me eavesdrop an important conversation that was happening at the same time outside the minivan.

No no, I won’t have you point the finger at my Thudsie! It’s not his fault. It’s the same thing during the entire game: annoying background noises and everybody talking at the same time while you’re trying to have a sensible conversation.

At least he means well. No matter how much he makes poor Fleebix suffer.

HA! Fleebix is supposed to be so smart but he doesn’t understand his position. He’s in a jar. He’s at the mercy of a Salavraster. Bad things will happen to him if he can’t get Thud to take care of him. Yelling and having apoplectic fits won’t do the trick. Smile

The Fleebix & Thud emp-tel was nice in general (though surely not the best).

So which emp-tel did you like best? I didn’t like the drug dealer’s one and I could have done without Deven.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I did manage eventually to get The Space Bar way after the CPT - I haven’t got around to playing it yet but just to say Karlok I love your mid-week special!

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

So, are we going to get a female BD&L someday Karlok?  Tongue

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Hehe.
There comes a storm…

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Karlok - 29 August 2014 01:42 AM

So which emp-tel did you like best? I didn’t like the drug dealer’s one and I could have done without Deven.

Probably Cilia’s. I really liked the character differences and the overall story.
Of course, I find that the Bar itself is the best (and hardest) experience.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Zifnab - 29 August 2014 08:44 AM

So, are we going to get a female BD&L someday Karlok?  Tongue

Zifnab, I promise I will devote a midweek special to female Big and Lovable Dummies the moment you find them for me. Of course I demand the same amazingly low intellectual quality that Thud, Brog and Glottis consistently display. Good luck! You’ll need it.  Tongue

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top