• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

SpeedBowalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Monday 18 August 2014

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

In Cluedo/Clue Chronicles: Fatal Illusion (1999) you play in 1st person perspective as a (nameless) private investigator who has accepted an invitation to a party on New year’s Eve 1938 along with a magician, hypnotist, artist & psychiatrist but also, of course, the colourful characters of the classic board game. There are some murderers to expose including the one of your host en-route to the party venue but also one of an archaeologist 27 years earlier in Egypt or are they all one & the same? 

Although the gameplay, involving little exploration, consists mainly of repeatedly talking to people each time you discover something new & solving a variety of mainly easy puzzles, I found it an enjoyable Adventure due to the well-structured & intriguing plot, that slowly unravels & ties-up nicely on conclusion. 

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

I remember this game being a bit mediocre, although my memory may be coloured by the fact that there is a padlock puzzle fairly near the beginning and although I worked out the code quickly I simply could not get the padlock to open, even after I caved in and consulted a walkthrough.

Eventually I came back to the game some weeks or months later and managed it pretty much first time. Just me being an idiot then!

The game isn’t terrible but seemed very impersonal somehow and I can’t really remember any of the puzzles except for the stupid padlock thing!

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Game sounds interesting (but then I love whodunnits). Does it have a satisfying conclusion?

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Intense Degree - 18 August 2014 10:41 AM

I remember this game being a bit mediocre, although my memory may be coloured by the fact that there is a padlock puzzle fairly near the beginning and although I worked out the code quickly I simply could not get the padlock to open, even after I caved in and consulted a walkthrough.

The game isn’t terrible but seemed very impersonal somehow and I can’t really remember any of the puzzles except for the stupid padlock thing!

My memory of the game as being mediocre is similar to yours Intense Degree & on replaying it recently I found that padlock puzzle just as picky! The game did & does come across as being very impersonal but playing again I thought it worked - do you really need to know any more about each character other than their basic motive/reason for accepting an invite to the party. What was more interesting was why they all were invited in the 1st place which does all fall into place - the only exception in both cases was why you as the player was there.

TimovieMan - 18 August 2014 12:31 PM

Game sounds interesting (but then I love whodunnits). Does it have a satisfying conclusion?

Well I liked it but more the 2nd time around Tim! - it’s satisfying enough but I think the whole game had all the elements to have been a lot better! 

Incidentally my version is a 2001 re-release of the game which installed & played perfectly on my Win 7 64 bit system but Fraps running in the background later in the game constantly caused it to crash!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top