• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Wednesday 16 July 2014

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Here’s a scene from Temüjin: A Supernatural Adventure also known as Temüjin: The Capricorn Collection (1997). One of my favorite puzzles ever: playing with the cameras in the museum and locking employees in or out of rooms in order to solve a security problem. This guy, Cooper, is looking straight in the camera and asking me to let him out. Maybe I will, maybe I won’t. Smile

Temujin got mixed reviews. It’s one of those 1st-person FMV adventures that players enjoy more than reviewers.  I’ll agree with everyone’s criticism, I could make a long list of negatives myself:  the main character doesn’t know who he is and he can’t speak (oh boy…); navigating the Video Realiy interface is a drag; the window is very small; the acting could be better, some puzzles are really bad (getting the intgredients to repair a painting). And yet it’s a game I played twice because I had so much fun unraveling the story in the beautiful rooms with the interesting art.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Perhaps the first adventure game I played where the way to put a safe combination wasn’t a riddle by itself.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Did you like Temujin, Sefir?

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I’ve always thought you’re Temujin in this one.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Yes I did! I belong to those people who actually don’t hate FMV adventures. I found the acting tolerable enough (of course I was much younger at the time I played it. Different criteria), liked the majority of the puzzles, and most of them the jigsaws! Also the comic books were great!!

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

diego - 16 July 2014 08:36 AM

I’ve always thought you’re Temujin in this one.

You don’t know who you are, that’s part of the mystery. But I’m afraid you’re not Genghis Khan.

Sefir - 16 July 2014 08:37 AM

Yes I did! I belong to those people who actually don’t hate FMV adventures. I found the acting tolerable enough (of course I was much younger at the time I played it. Different criteria), liked the majority of the puzzles, and most of them the jigsaws! Also the comic books were great!!

Yeah, the comic books were very good. Not a real puzzle though. I replayed it till I’d seen all the different choices.

There was a kind of bug in the jigsaw puzzles. You couldn’t come back later, you had to play all three of them in a row or something.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top