• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Colonel’s Bequest in FPS style

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I thought some of you might get a kick out of this little project I’ve been tinkering on.

Short stoy short, Colonel’s Bequest is one of my favourite Sierra games and my favourite Roberta Williams game and this is something I’ve been wanting to do for some good while now. This is an attempt to re-create the whole mansion and the surroundings of it in realtime 3D.

Here’s my current WIP of the place, it’s still missing a lot of stuff, like the 3rd floor of the mansions (and the whole roof), but there’s already somethings to explore, like placeholder stuff outside and couple of almost furnished rooms in the first floor.

WASD/mouse to move, space jumps (you’ll need that if you want to go to the second floor.)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/25945454/cb_mansion/CB_mansion.html

Standalone. Same controls, run it in windowed mode, as otherwise you’ll need to alt tab out from it.  Also the web version is updated to this one, you can now walk the stairs all the way to the attick.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/25945454/cb_mansion/bequest.zip

Here’s a couple of screenshots from the editor:

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Strangely Awesome Grin
I cant go up the stairs to the 2nd floor , I don’t know why!
Uh ok , the spacebar I forgot about.

Total Posts: 41

Joined 2014-02-01

PM

I can’t currently install this (browser plugin restriction on this machine) but I’d be very curious to see some screenshots, if you have some. I love the idea. The Colonel’s Bequest is also one of my all-time favorites.

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I updated the first post with a couple of screenshots.

Joined 2014-02-01

PM

Thanks! It’s certainly fun to see those locations in three dimensions. Are you planning on building the environments only (even though I’m sure that’s no small task) or remaking the whole game down the road?

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

you are an architect, right?
great job tomimt, I m not sure about how did you transfer the dimensions, what was your reference ,but it seems prefect from what I remember about the game.

hope that would be a start of a full project, and not end just as a sort of hobby.

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

At this moment I’m just concentrating on doing the environments, after which I am planning to do the characters as well. If I’ll ever get there remains to be seen. But the whole game, that would be quite and undertakig and I haven’t given any serious thought about it.

Of course, if I ever get the settings done, it would be fun to add some amount of interactivity as well.

Joined 2014-02-01

PM

Yes, the environments alone is quite an undertaking. Good luck, and more importantly, have fun!

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Advie - 03 July 2014 01:51 PM

you are an architect, right?
great job tomimt, I m not sure about how did you transfer the dimensions, what was your reference ,but it seems prefect from what I remember about the game.

Nah, I’m not an architecht, just a hobbyist 3D modeller. I’m pretty much playing it by ear. I did a rough sketch of the mansions blueprint, but I think I still need to alter it a bit so I can get the upper floors to align properly.

I try to keep the color scheme close to the original and pick up actual details if some scene has them, like wallpapers and the paintings and so on. It’s pretty fun, actually, trying to figure out what the original artists have meant to portray at places.

Total Posts: 619

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

Haha! Very cool, Tom! I dig it.

Bt

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

First post updated with new browser version as well as standalone version.

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Another small update. I’ve added some more stuff to the surroundings of the mansion. You can now see the beginnings of the front garden and the back yard heart shaped rose garden. Stable and the chapel have interiors now. Oh, and there’s a belltower now as well. And a well.

Updated links on the first post for both, web and standalone versions.

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Just talking to myself here. Another small update, some more furnishing and texturing. The links on the first post are up the date.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top