• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Sunday 4 May 2014

Total Posts: 794

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

Kingdom o’ Magic (1996) is a sort of RPG hybrid adventure game that spoofs Tolkien’s The Lord of the Rings, amongst other things. The humor seems like it was okay but the RPG aspects of the gameplay rubbed me the wrong way and I quit playing rather quickly.

The huge open world was the biggest turn off as there’s simply way too many (mostly empty) screens to navigate and backtrack through for my taste and the combat didn’t add anything positive to the experience either as you have no real control over what exactly happens during it. Maybe one day I’ll revisit it and find out it wasn’t as bad as it seemed at first play, but for now it’s been moved towards the bottom of my pile.

Total Posts: 4255

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Bastich - 04 May 2014 12:01 AM

the combat

Run for the hills!

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

zobraks - 04 May 2014 04:21 AM

Run for the hills!

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 794

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

Here’s a shot of the actual combat:

Combat is easily avoidable most of the time and isn’t very hard. It’s more of a pointless distraction than anything, at least as far as I’ve played. You do need to do it though to get money so you can buy things to solve puzzles.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top