• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Last finished game

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 10 November 2016 02:23 PM
wilco - 10 November 2016 01:38 PM

“What are you doing here, Chief”- “I’m here to fiQuanish the fight!” THE END Smile
CGI cutscenes add a lot.

The final scene with Cortana was good cliffhanger, back then i was like is she changing sides and made a good premise for Halo3
CGI scenes make me think why they still didnt make Hollywood movie

They could at the time, not sure why the Peter Jackson production fell. Now it’s probably too late since the brand lost strength. Probably better to do a Destiny movie now Tongue

Total Posts: 33

Joined 2011-07-05

PM

RAW - Realms of Ancient War (Xbox 360)

I didn’t spend much for RAW, about $5 during an Xbox sale, and found it much better than I initially thought. Checking the reviews while playing this game, some people hated it and other really liked it, I am the later. Basically it’s hack and slash much like Diablo 1. RAW started off very slow but picks from the middle to the end. Length is about right for the price which was about 6-8 hrs. Story is throw away but some attempts were made to flesh out the lore. There are a few side quests thrown in but don’t add to the main story. Where it matters though, the combat is good, entertaining and fun, without being amazing. There is plenty of loot drops, however, the best armor and weapons are bought from vendors which is a strange decision. Breaking up the monotony of the games cannon fodder, are mini bosses splattered through out each level. The most disappointing aspect is the very limited level interactivity (no hidden entrances, no breakable objects), oh, and the coop. Coop is local only and progress for second character is not saved after each level.

Pros;

- Graphics
- Combat
- Level design

Cons;

- Enemy variety
- Weapon and armor appearance
- No level interactivity
- Local only coop, and progressed for second character is not saved

6/10 - Recommend for people who are after a short and mindless hack and slash game.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Dishonored2 day1 patch makes the audio issues suffering much better, also there is a remedy of input lag and floaty gameplay.
All things considered, level design and gameplay makes it stand out as only real fix when it comes to a game giving you choices to suit your style, i dont recall many games apart from Bloodborne and MGSV. It has enough superpowers for casuals and other options for hardcores, but it steers more towards former, some powers make it easy esp in later chapters.
Karnaca is beautiful,creative and detailed marred by glitches and i am on xb1 so that might be a half of the problem, gonna get ps4 for another playthrough later.
For now,

8/10

Wait for patches, typical Bethesda style :s

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Titanfall 2

I haven’t played the first game in this Pilot/Mech shooter series due to not owning an Xbone at the time. That and it not having a campaign mode.

So the mix of standard shooter and Giant Robots was a obvious draw, but it was nice to also have a single player campaign.

Pros

* The biggest thing for me in this game is the mobility. Once I turned Auto Sprint on it was just a huge joy to move around and fight in this game. Esp as the pilot. Wall running, sliding, double jumping to get through the levels or flank the enemies is a lot of fun.

* Being in the Mech suit is just as fun, but in a different way. Multiple load outs with different weapons and skills allow you to tailor your Mech to the situation or your preferences.

* I liked how you could mix and match jumping in and out of the suit.

* While the man and his Robot buddy movie story isn’t the most original in the world, The conversations between the characters were chuckle worthy.

* The pacing and level design was fantastic. I especially liked how they changed things up with platforming levels, small puzzles levels and all out shooting. I esp liked the factory level and the timey wimmey lab level.

Cons

* Saw the ending coming a mile away.

* On normal level it’s not that challenging.

As a stand alone it’s probably not worth the full price , but combined with a fun as hell multiplayer it makes for a great game that will have me coming back

More than any COD campaign/Multiplayer has in recent years.

4/5

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

PW:Dual Destinies

Simon Blackquill is awesome character, loved his theme too
Athena is adorable
Apollo is a bore
Some of the cases like yokai one were best kind of mindF**Kery i expect from PW games
Best PW since PW1&2

8/10

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Fnished my first humongous games game. Spy Fox Dry Cereal. Was fun but short.

Total Posts: 33

Joined 2011-07-05

PM

Alan Wake - Xbox 360

Just change the name of the town from Bright Falls to Silent Hill and this could very well pass as a Silent Hill game.

Pros:

- Atmosphere is amazing
- Unique combat where light is used as a mechanic
- Collectables are actually worth getting and add to the backstory
- Voice acting

Cons:

- Ends on a cliff hanger (setting up DLC (DLC is now free))
- Car sequences
- Having to play twice to get all back story collectables and forced to play on nightmare mode to get them

8/10

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Silenthill was about manifestation of fears brought upon by Evil force of town
Alanwake is about the writer and constant back and forth between his written versus actual reality…though SH could exist like Shattered memories but for me not without
them monsters , esp ITO designs SH loose plenty of essence, which was also the factor
that didnt help Downpour or Shatteredmemories.

People always called SH town as Twinpeaks, and like you said SH as Bright falls, later is inspired from Lynch too, but apart from that Jacobs Ladder type grim monsters are fundamental to the series.

Anyway if you havent seen prequel TV show which i really liked,

and Alanwake Musicvideo

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

The Last Guardian

I dont know where to start.
Gamut of emotions
Bonding,companionship, aggression, love, sacrifice, happiness, heroism, mystery,intrigue, discovery etc.Ueda is visionary,mastermind and genius.
In his own league and lost nothing of his talent
Other games feel redundant,cheap and soul less

Just when i thought it will end or lose tempo it gave more, and more and more
I was successful to stop shedding man tears, until the end.
Heavy heart, really heavy
The end game made this game one of my best games ever
Great ending
There are many references to past games
There was one moment that i was hoping for ever since it was showed for the first time and glad they saved that thing for the last bits
It has to do with Sotc Wink

Now in top5 best games ever,along with Sotc,Deusex,REmake.
So it automatically dethrones Bloodborne as my best this gen.
Ico is prototype of this.
Level design is 3 times more complex than Ico.

Gameplay is full of training and tag teaming through all odds
So you have to get Trico in position for many puzzles
Can lead to frustration but puzzles are brilliant stuff
Hints are there but mostly its free from hand holding
lots of puzzles,platforming,lever pulling like ps2 era
Puzzles are genius and logical and flow really well
Combat is rough and clunky but better than Ico
Unique and fits the game

Outstanding sound design
Music served the game right, even without K.Otani
I was fool to doubt Ueda, glad its no Disney or Miller’scrossing type shit
Great scripted sequences and set-pieces

Technically very slow at times, but luckily Trico glitched only once.
If he does glitch bad you dont have multiple saves unlike Ueda past games

Around 12 hrs with lots of exploration, petting and running around

10/10
Yeah but one of those classics that pierce through your soul hard or does nothing
at all, and doesnt need rating
It elevates games to something else even with all the PS2 era control/Camera issues
just like ueda’s past games

Sony is my fav company ever just for the fact that they pushed this project till the end with full devotion
Heart

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Good to see your positive review. Will definitely get this, question is when I will be able to play it.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Let it Die

Pros
- Best Yamaoka OST since SH1-4, pure bliss, instant immersion
- Total arcade, loose all or insert coin to continue, here you pay digitally
- Combat is fun and addictive however landing hits is difficult
- RPG systems > lvl up, learn/equip skills/stats, craft items etc.
- Deep f2p systems, not crappy other f2p stuff
- Upgraded Suda combat mechanics, fatalities to weapons pack a lot of punch
- 60fps
- Top presentation, Markhamill to Tracilords doing what they do best + Retro   storytelling, PS3 HD graphics are only drawback but since its f2p its understandable
- Levels are recycled since they are procedurally generated for Roguelike system,
  but doesnt hamper immersion
- Likeable weird 51 style NPC cast
- You can cook frogs, eat them and throw them

Cons
-It needs connection and connects alot, loose it and your progress will fry
-You can be ambushed and loose character in a matter of seconds, so better have continues before you roam around in lvl5+

Verdict

- Its Running Man movie and Manhunt The Game made by Suda51 with souls like combat have
  creative NPC cast and best F2P model
  Go try for free
  9/10

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 07 December 2016 01:01 PM

Let it Die

9/10

Sounds good, I really want to try it, not sure why it’s not in my store yet… If it’s not there by the time I finish TLG will have to check another store.

Anyone upgraded the PS4 disk to 2Tb? Any recommendations? 500Gb is small since the installs are huge and always have to keep deleting stuff

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top