• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

LadyLindaLittleRose

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav

Total Posts: 35

Joined 2009-04-26

PM

Sorry to bump an old topic, but I got this yesterday with the Daedelic on Steam and already I would go as far as to say that it is one of the best Adventure Games I have ever played. Really back to basics but at the same time rich and up to date. Love it. The graphic style is incredible.

Total Posts: 33

Joined 2011-07-05

PM

I got my copy from http://www.gog.com when they had it on special. Have not started playing it yet, but I am curious how The Dark Eye plays as an adventure game.

Joined 2009-04-26

PM

It’s quite linear but I enjoy the narrative a lot. As things progressed I think the writing has a bit to be desired though.

There is a point for example where your guardian is found with his eyes pecked out and body slashed up. He then dies as you speak to him. You’d think with Geron being an orphan and all and this guardian of his being the closest man to him, that he would be a little more upset than he is to see him perish. Geron gets over it all in about 5 seconds flat.

Also kind of annoying that you can fit a whole door in your pocket. Just seems silly.

Otherwise, still really, really enjoying this great game.

Also, it has one of the most hilarious easter eggs of any AG.

Total Posts: 70

Joined 2012-04-11

PM

That game was legit good and had the best ending in ages. It’s actually quite rare for AG narratives to have good third acts let alone endings.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

I’m this close to giving up on the game. I thought I could force myself to finish it, but it bores me so much, the story, the characters, everything is so uninteresting (I can’t even bring myself to hate Nuri) that I don’t think I’ll manage to get back to it.

After The Whispered World and now that, I’m never going anywhere near a Daedalic game again.

Total Posts: 70

Joined 2012-04-11

PM

Kurufinwe - 01 January 2013 11:40 AM

I’m this close to giving up on the game. I thought I could force myself to finish it, but it bores me so much, the story, the characters, everything is so uninteresting (I can’t even bring myself to hate Nuri) that I don’t think I’ll manage to get back to it.

After The Whispered World and now that, I’m never going anywhere near a Daedalic game again.

I hate Whispered World and I still liked Satinav a lot. The ending is worth going to.

Idk if you played A New Beginning but I liked that a lot too. YMMV.

Joined 2009-04-26

PM

I’m probably the only one but I enjoyed The Whispered World too.

If Steam will ever decide to work again I’m going to try A New Beginning next.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

J.H - 03 January 2013 05:45 PM

Far as i know the whispered world was well received, and i loved it.
Now as for a new beginning… its currently the only daedalic game iv played that i dont like.. i havnt played “the final cut” version that recently came out.. but after reading a description i have doubts they fixed what i didnt like.

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2013-01-03

PM

Hello to everyone here. I’m new in this community. I hope you have a happy new year.

I’m translating this game to Spanish (Castillian), the game deserves it. I have a trouble, so i ask for your help.

This game has different versions. The one from Steam (various laguages). The GoG version (only english). I don’t know if the other “only english” versions are the same as GoG’s.

I’m doing the translation over the Steam version. All works perfectly, the translation is almost 60% finished. The final version will be “unchained” very soon.

The problem is in GoG’s version.

One of the files needed for the translation (data.vis) is different from Steam’s one. The Steam’s one can be unpacked and repacked without any trouble. But the GoG’s fails.

The game seems to miss some assets (black sprites in Geron & NPCs).

I don’t know if this is related to “unpack&repack;” process, or a savegame problem; if i start New Game from Gog’s version, all works perfectly. This is where i ask for help.

¿Can someone give some GoG’s version savegames? On advanced game.

I will apreciate it. It will help me a lot if it’s a savegame problem.

Thanks in advance.

Total Posts: 29

Joined 2010-04-28

PM

Hi Linotype,

Ahem… You’re not doing the translation for Daedalic, are you?

Still… they might be able (and willing) to help you with your request.

Try support(at)daedalic.de or info(at)daedalic.de and see what comes of it.

(I am pretty sure I COULD help you myself - I translated the original German into English for them - but I’m also quite positive that I shouldn’t. As far as I know there is a standing cooperation with someone translating into Spanish and that might be a work in process this very moment).

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2013-01-03

PM

Hi ADan,

First: I’m doing a fan translation. It’s not supported by Daedalic.

I’m not a professional translator, and this is my fisrt translation. I’m doing that because the game deserves it. I love that game.

Some months ago, i contacted some Deadalic staff (via their forums). They stated interest on a spanish fan translation.

But the legal owner for spanish distribution was Deep Silver. So, first i needed to ask for permission to DS. With DS permission, the Daedalic staff daedalic would have provided the necessary files (as they did for your translation, i guess).

But i never got permission from DS. So, i need to extract files and repack them. The main problem is there’s many different game’s distributions.

—-

Thanks for your comments. Really, they helped me. Maybe i will contact again to Daedalic staff… who knows. Either way, i will finish the translation.

BTW… Good job. I enjoyed your translation.

Total Posts: 29

Joined 2010-04-28

PM

Well, I’m sorry to hear that you didn’t get the go ahead from Deep Silver.

I’m all the more sorry that you might be treading on illegal grounds at the moment.

I personally appreciate fan-involvement (and a complete translation of a game is A LOT Of WORK i.e involvement) but I really can’t help. But maybe the folks at Daedalic really would like to and even will. They’re generally really cool, albeit overworked so they might not be able to answer right away. Patience and persistence (both of which you already seem to possess in abundance) might do the trick.

Good luck and thanks for the compliment.

Buenas noches, Dan.

Joined 2009-04-26

PM

zane - 03 January 2013 06:31 PM
J.H - 03 January 2013 05:45 PM

Far as i know the whispered world was well received, and i loved it.
Now as for a new beginning… its currently the only daedalic game iv played that i dont like.. i havnt played “the final cut” version that recently came out.. but after reading a description i have doubts they fixed what i didnt like.

I meant I’m the only one who likes both Satinav and TWW.

Ah that’s a shame. I have the final cut on Steam ready to install. I’ll see how I get on with it. What was it you didn’t like?

Joined 2009-04-26

PM

ADan - 03 January 2013 07:57 PM

Well, I’m sorry to hear that you didn’t get the go ahead from Deep Silver.

I’m all the more sorry that you might be treading on illegal grounds at the moment.

I personally appreciate fan-involvement (and a complete translation of a game is A LOT Of WORK i.e involvement) but I really can’t help. But maybe the folks at Daedalic really would like to and even will. They’re generally really cool, albeit overworked so they might not be able to answer right away. Patience and persistence (both of which you already seem to possess in abundance) might do the trick.

Good luck and thanks for the compliment.

Buenas noches, Dan.

Isn’t it a sad world we live in where something as great (and to be honest, as trivial) as a video game can get someone into trouble for simply investing their time and efforts into translating it into another language for other people to enjoy.

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

J.H - 03 January 2013 09:49 PM

I meant I’m the only one who likes both Satinav and TWW.

Nah..
I too loved TWW and also liked Satinav (despite the bad animation and ending, I found CoD a really solid and enjoyable game).

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top