• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Saturday 30 November 2013

Total Posts: 794

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

Who’s Fat Lou? (1996) is an interesting and stylish game that I found quite appealing with the exception of the actual gameplay. It’s a short game with mostly easy puzzles, but is made frustrating by the fact that just about every puzzle is timed, you can’t skip cutscenes, and you can die, meaning you have to sit through the same scenes over and over again. I also (sort of) encountered a dead end. I’m glad I played it, but overall it was disappointing.

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Thanks for posting a Fat Lou pic! I started it a few years back, didn’t get far though. It’s nice to hear the opinion of someone who finished it.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

screenshot featuring the ugly bird - 29 November 2013 11:54 PM

Complete this puzzle or face death by my ass…

Ah, a classical “solve the crossword puzzle or acid parrot droppings will be your doom” shtick. You can’t beat that.

Bastich - 29 November 2013 11:54 PM

I also (sort of) encountered a dead end.

I got stuck in the park with a feline flasher. Where did you reach a dead end?

If any of you reading this thread knows what item is supposed to fit with that kitty/do the sonuvabitch cat in, (please!!!) feel free to put it in the spoiler tags. Much obliged.

P.S. No funny suggestions, please.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 794

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

zobraks - 30 November 2013 03:12 AM

I got stuck in the park with a feline flasher. Where did you reach a dead end?

You can get trapped on one side of the map by the crossword puzzle without having visited all the places it draws its clues from. It’s only sort of a dead end because it is possible to figure out the clues blindly, but the unskippable cutscenes and death for failure makes guessing rather painful. It seemed quicker to just start the game over and make sure I went to those places first. In fact, the order in which you travel the map is somewhat important as you’ll find out below.

If any of you reading this thread knows what item is supposed to fit with that kitty/do the sonuvabitch cat in, (please!!!) feel free to put it in the spoiler tags. Much obliged.

How to get past the cat

Hint 1:

You have to get past the dog before you can get past the cat

Hint 2:

Give the bone (acquired in the guess the price game) to the dog and he will follow you. (He’ll be in your inventory)

Hint 3:

Use the dog on the cat

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

for the hints, Bastich!

Now I only need to remember where the dog was (funny, I cannot seem to recall there was a dog in the game) and play Who’s Fat Lou? once again.

What frightens me the most is the possibility of having to do that (timed!) “hooker on the wall” puzzle once again.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top