• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

angelus_04

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Feedback on the new site/forums

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but it seems the site search only works if you’re logged in?

If that’s intentional, the error message should say something specific about why it doesn’t work (rather than the cryptic “not authorized” message). But it really should work even for those not logged in…

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

It’s a known issue and it’s definitely supposed to work, regardless.  It’s on the list of stuff to fix.

Total Posts: 212

Joined 2005-10-07

PM

I sort of miss that feature of vBulletin where if you went into the list of active users you could spy on what everyone was doing in that moment. Not that I would, er, ever be keeping tabs on you guys…  Innocent

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I didn’t want to start a new thread for this, but I guess that if you post something with parts in italics, and you forget to close the tags (or do so incorrectly), that every post after it is in italics as well (even if it wasn’t meant to).

See here. It starts in UPtimist’s post and continues on to the end…
(Note: my post is normal because I started it by closing the italics-tags)

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

Yeah, that’s true of the main site as well.  I’ve turned the entire front page into a sea of bolds and italics on occasion.  Tongue

Easy enough for a mod to fix, so for the rare time it might happen, just let one of us know.  (I fixed the thread in question.)

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Jackal - 25 July 2012 11:19 PM

Easy enough for a mod to fix, so for the rare time it might happen, just let one of us know.  (I fixed the thread in question.)

Can we use the “report” button for that? Or do you prefer other methods?

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

Yep, that would be just fine.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Man fecking spambot in this morning posting a gazillion spam thread.

Bastards.

Maybe we need to put in a “X number of posts before you can post links” limit.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Yes it’s absurd. I’ve never seen anything like that before. 30 posts, all by the same luser!

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Are these spambots coming from the same source? I imagine they switch up their IPs, but there must be a way to stop them.

Maybe institute a probationary period for new members? Something like a 10 post minimum before you can start a thread.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i think there should be a request to join AG , not just register here you are a member something that can make who ever intending to spam like like what happened 10 mins ago, make him think twice about respecting the site, and why not a simple question that determine if he is an adventure player or not like mention one of you Adventure Fav Game and the request would be accepted not instantly .... all those 30 40 notification of that spammer really gave a big headache!!!

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

i think there should be a request to join AG , not just register here you are a member something that can make who ever intending to spam like like what happened 10 mins ago, make him think twice about respecting the site, and why not a simple question that deremine if he is an adventure player or not like mention one of you Adventure Fav Game and the request would be accepted not instantly .... all those 30 40 notification of that spammer really gave a big headache

That’s not a bad idea IMO. Like a CAPTCHA but more suited to this site.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Total Posts: 461

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Lucien21 - 27 July 2012 02:22 AM

Man fecking spambot in this morning posting a gazillion spam thread.

Just to note for next time (and I’m sure there will be a next time), reporting a user once lets us nuke all the spam in one hit, so no need to report every individual spam thread/post.

We did have a stronger spam filter in place when the site launched, but as I’m sure you noticed, it was filtering legitimate posts too.

Now Playing: Harold Halibut, Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Baldur’s Gate 3, Alan Wake Remastered, Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Recently Completed: Botany Manor, Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy, Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth, Silent Hill: The Short Message, Under the Waves
Anticipating: Beyond Good and Evil 2
Backing: Asylum

Total Posts: 212

Joined 2005-10-07

PM

tsa - 27 July 2012 03:54 AM

i think there should be a request to join AG , not just register here you are a member something that can make who ever intending to spam like like what happened 10 mins ago, make him think twice about respecting the site, and why not a simple question that deremine if he is an adventure player or not like mention one of you Adventure Fav Game and the request would be accepted not instantly .... all those 30 40 notification of that spammer really gave a big headache

That’s not a bad idea IMO. Like a CAPTCHA but more suited to this site.

On the forum my friend runs you need to enter a captcha to make your first two posts, and it seems to keep most spambots at bay.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top