• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

GabrielKeybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Saturday 19 October 2013 (NSFW) 

Total Posts: 794

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

WARNING! Graphic imagery follows! Sick Bastich, Inc., shall not be responsible for any damages due to the violent expulsion of stomach contents from viewing the scene below. Proceed with caution!

Here we have a nice eyeball stabbing from Gag: The Impotent Mystery (1997). This game was bizarre and irreverent enough to overcome its flaws in my opinion.

Total Posts: 813

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

Did you make this yourself using MS Paint?

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Bastich - 18 October 2013 10:47 PM

Here we have a nice eyeball stabbing from Gag: The Impotent Mystery (1997).

Hmmmmm… I’ve played GAG, but I don’t remember that stabbing (and that’s not a scene one would easily forget).
It was two years ago though, so the memory is not so fresh.
Where in the game does this gruesome scene (I suppose it’s a cut scene) occur?

Bastich - 18 October 2013 10:47 PM

This game was bizarre and irreverent enough to overcome its flaws in my opinion.

Opinion seconded.
It’s a great quirky game and the playthrough was a delightful and memorable experience (thanks to Fien the game mistress - yes, I still miss her - and all the illustrious players).

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Isn’t that the inventory eye? The Marquise has a dagger she uses on Gary if you let her. Either an Easter Egg or a fake screenshot.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Also, stabbing an eye doesn’t make it bleed. It’s aqueous fluid which is clear… Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 794

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

It isn’t fake, and it’s not an easter egg. It’s from the very last interactive sequence in the game when you face the Marquise who is armed with a knife. This sequence is timed and if you don’t throw the book in the fireplace fast enough or simply not do anything at all just to see what happens like I did, then she stabs you in the eye and kills you as depicted above.

It’s so unbelievably obvious what to do at that point in the game that I imagine most people simply do the right thing and never see the death sequence, which is a shame because there is another of those great stick figure animations after you die.

Total Posts: 813

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

Oh. I was just commenting on how utterly crappy that screenshot looks. The blood really does look like it was drawn on the frame later on.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Bastich - 19 October 2013 12:07 PM

It isn’t fake, and it’s not an easter egg. It’s from the very last interactive sequence in the game when you face the Marquise who is armed with a knife.

I always play bad endings but I didn’t recall any eye being stabbed. Now I feel the urge to replay the death scene.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

TimovieMan - 19 October 2013 11:29 AM

Also, stabbing an eye doesn’t make it bleed. It’s aqueous fluid which is clear… Tongue

The eye has blood vessels.

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Bastich - 19 October 2013 12:07 PM

It’s so unbelievably obvious what to do at that point in the game that I imagine most people simply do the right thing and never see the death sequence

I didn’t see that cutscene for a more banal reason.
I simply couldn’t finish the game due to technical difficulties.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Both endings on youtube.

The bloody eye is visible for one nanosecond.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Karlok - 19 October 2013 12:30 PM

The cornea doesn’t, which is where the stabbing happens in that screenshot… Wink

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

This seems relevant for here: Smile

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

TimovieMan - 19 October 2013 02:11 PM
Karlok - 19 October 2013 12:30 PM

The cornea doesn’t, which is where the stabbing happens in that screenshot… Wink

The cornea is 0.5 mm thick.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Karlok - 19 October 2013 05:56 PM

Vitreous fluid is clear as well. While that chamber DOES have blood vessels, stabbing it is going to spring clear fluid with small traces of blood in it. It’s still not going to spray blood. Grin

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

TimovieMan - 19 October 2013 07:09 PM
Karlok - 19 October 2013 05:56 PM

Vitreous fluid is clear as well. While that chamber DOES have blood vessels, stabbing it is going to spring clear fluid with small traces of blood in it. It’s still not going to spray blood. Grin

GAG is a nice game. Have you played it?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top