• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Sunday 10 June 2012

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Do you remember the time when the Fahrenheit demo was released? The excitement, the long discussions about the gameplay mechanics and looking for all the little differences in the events depending on what you did. The final game may have failed somewhat to deliver on that promise of actions having consequences, but still that was a landmark in the history of adventure games.

(And boy does it look bad now! I wonder if Cage’s latest super-realistic rubber dolls will seem just as awful a few years from now.)

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I played it recently and it didn’t look that bad. Great game but had to switch it to easy for those annoying LF mashings.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 97

Joined 2011-03-06

PM

I don’t think it looks bad at all! Personally, I certainly prefer it these days to the “retro” look that is being discussed in another thread.

Love this game, but the button mashing definitely got annoying at times. But an awesome story, and a lot of fun!

Currently Playing: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes;
Currently Re-Playing: Culpa Innata

Recently Finished: Secret Files: Puritas Cordis, Art of Murder: Hunt for the Puppeteer, Dear Esther

Total Posts: 133

Joined 2006-02-14

PM

Liked the game, hated the ending, didn’t do well with the quick-time events.

For me this game ends at the fair, like AI ends under the sea..

I play story-heavy games, watch animation, anime, B-movies, disaster movies, sci-fi movies and crime shows and try to write about it all on my blog: Snark, pedantry and random geekery

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

^ Agreed. Once Lucius comes back white-haired and starts talking about the Chroma, the game goes off the rails. But very enjoyable overall.

This game to Heavy Rain is like Vista to Windows 7. Many of the positive elements are there, but they needed to be fine-tuned.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

There’s a valuable lesson amongst all this… The more artistic integrity a game developer has, the greater amount of lies he/she tells. Peter Molyneux is practically the Picasso of gaming under this principle.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top