• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Sunday 01 September 2013

Total Posts: 794

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

Safecracker (1997) was a game I definitely enjoyed. You play the role of someone who is trying to get a job at a safe company and you have to prove yourself by cracking all the safes in the building. There are a bunch of different locks you have to bypass, either via stand-alone puzzles, or by exploring the mansion to find clues as to how to solve them.

The game has problems running on modern computers due to their speed (the inventory menu scrolls too fast to be usable), but there is a fan patch to fix the problem should you decide to try it.

This is a different game from the one released with the same title in 2006.

Total Posts: 813

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

The game also has fixed resolution which makes it a nightmare to run on large screens, and you can easily reach an unwinnable state because there’s a bug that makes keys disappear. Still, I thoroughly enjoyed this one and its successor.

Total Posts: 5594

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I had a lot of fun with this one.  It has some good puzzles, and it still plays well in Classic 9 on my older iMac.  I recently got a boxed copy of it as I had thrown the original one away.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top