• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Charophyceanchrissiediego

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Thursday 08 August 2013

Total Posts: 794

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

Midnight Stranger (1993) is a social simulation FMV game in which you try to establish relationships with various people you meet late at night in a small section of an urban location; in bars, dance clubs, movie theaters, comedy clubs, restaurants, etc.

Gameplay consists almost entirely of navigating dialogue trees, but rather than getting actual text choices to make, you have to click on what the game calls the “emotional response bar”, which is a bar on the bottom of the screen with a color gradient from red to green, depicting negative to positive responses of various degrees depending on where on the bar you actually click.

While there is a main story involving crime, alien abductions and alien artifacts which requires a tiny amount of investigation, the game is predominantly about trying to have sexual liaisons with women.

This is a mature title featuring nudity and discussions of and sometimes actual depictions of rape, S&M, transvestites, homosexuality, group sex, and some violence as well. It’s pretty tame by my standards, but I thought I would mention it just in case.

There is a bunch of info on this game at Wikipedia

Total Posts: 359

Joined 2012-02-16

PM

The screenshot and the description certainly make me think of the last screenshot you posted in the AG screen game Grin

Total Posts: 473

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

TerminusEst - 07 August 2013 11:18 PM

The screenshot and the description certainly make me think of the last screenshot you posted in the AG screen game Grin

There is a mention of the wording on the ss on wiki…..you should get credit for that.

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

Damn! I should have just linked to that Wikipedia article. It’s huge! I didn’t realize there was so much information on the game there. More importantly, it shows I have the year for this game wrong. It came out in November of 1993, not 1994. Fixed!

As for the screenshot in the other thread, TerminusEst is correct. I was being cute by posting my second shot as a SotD. I wanted to see if anyone was paying attention…

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Seems really interesting. I guess I’ll need to try and hunt this down to give it a test run.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Why am I thinking “Phantasmagoria 2” when reading your description? Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

millenia - 08 August 2013 06:01 AM

Seems really interesting. I guess I’ll need to try and hunt this down to give it a test run.

This game, as well as its successor Mode, can be purchased at the developer’s website for both Mac and PC.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top