• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Thursday 20 June 2013

Total Posts: 794

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

Today’s scene is from Haunted (2011). It is nice to occasionally play games that are completely 3D now and then, but I don’t really have any strong feelings about this game either way. I enjoyed it for what it was, but I don’t think I will ever replay it.

The game does fall prey to that excessive “bloom” lighting effect or whatever it’s called which makes things look like they are glowing (not pictured above). It’s a horrible affliction that has plagued 3D games of all genres for years now. Developers always overdo that stuff. Don’t even get me started on depth of field and motion blur in many modern games…

Anyway, this game’s gimmick involves using the special skills of all the various characters you get to control throughout the game, one of which is pictured in the scene above in which you are confined to a fishbowl and need to find a way to escape.

Total Posts: 813

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

After Avatar made all the money in existence, it was inevitable for games to focus heavily on DoF.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Bastich - 19 June 2013 10:46 PM

Developers always overdo that stuff. Don’t even get me started on depth of field and motion blur in many modern games…

Heh, the Mass Effect series had options in the menu for these (thus you could disable them).
Turning off bloom, motion blur and film grain makes for vastly better visuals. I wonder why those studios can’t see that too.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top