• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

DaleJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Sunday 16 June 2013

Total Posts: 794

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

Today’s scene comes from the game Dylan Dog: Through the Looking Glass (1992), based on the Italian comic book series Dylan Dog, which is about a private investigator who specializes in the supernatural. While that alone is enough for me to be interested in such a game, it also has the bonus of being about the Cthulhu Mythos and is filled will all sorts of Lovecraftian references like the above.

On thing to note should anyone try to play this is that you have a limited number of moves/time to do things in the exact right order, which can be a pain to figure out in some chapters and can involve a bit of trial and error. Also, the game has two parts. You have to run part 2 separately. I wonder how many people thought they finished the game but actually never did because of this?

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

So basically a great use of Lovecraft mythos, but horrible game design? Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 127

Joined 2004-08-03

PM

The only thing worse than this game was the movie that came out a couple years ago.

YouTube: Weird Gaming Adventure
IG: weird_gaming_adventure

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top