• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Novelist

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

http://www.thenovelistgame.com/

Came across this thought it looked an interesting concept. Kind of like Ghost Trick in 3D.

The game focuses on Dan Kaplan, a novelist struggling to write the most important book of his career while trying to be the best husband and father he can be. The Kaplans have come to a remote coastal home for the summer, unaware that they’re sharing the house with a mysterious ghostly presence: you.

Read the family’s thoughts. Explore their memories. Uncover their desires and intervene in their lives. But stay out of sight; you can’t help the Kaplans if they know there’s a ghost in the house. It’s up to you to decide how Dan’s career and family life will evolve, but choose carefully; there are no easy answers, and every choice has a cost.

Dan’s relationships – to his work, his wife, and his son – react and shift in response to your choices. With a different sequence of events in every playthrough, The Novelist gives life to a unique experience each time you play.

The decisions you make will define the Kaplans’ lives, but they may also tell you something about yourself.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Yeah looks neat, hope it manages to pull off

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Sounds really interesting, but also sounds like it was a nightmare to write (especially if it’s lengthy). I’ll be keeping an eye out for this game…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

This seems very interesting, I hope it works out well. I had to play Facade like 5 times in a row so that I could get “the good ending”.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2008-07-11

PM

Definitely looks interesting. The whole voyeuristic aspect is something that goes under-utilised in games.

Total Posts: 1079

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Good found Luc,interesting that not kickstarterized.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

I agree (with all of you) this certainly looks like an interesting game.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 114

Joined 2007-08-24

PM

It’s out!

The game will be available on Steam and via this website. The Novelist will be $19.99, with a launch discount price of $14.99. In addition, preorders through the website will receive the soundtrack as a free bonus upon the game’s release. The soundtrack will be available for sale once the game is live.

All purchases through the site will receive a key to unlock the game on Steam, and the game will be DRM-free.

It’s been an amazing journey. The ups and downs have been huge, and it’s hard for me to believe the game is actually going to be out in the world soon. I truly hope you all enjoy it, and thanks again for all of your patience and support.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

I had been waiting for this for loooong time! thanks Mop for the notification!!! ..YAAY!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top