• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

GabrielJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Wednesday 8 May 2013

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Glottis Grin Crazy  Kiss

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

NOT the best adventure game of all time.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Zifnab - 08 May 2013 10:52 AM

Perhaps not, but ONE of the best adventure games of all times Smile

And who doesn’t love Glotis.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I liked the characters but am I the only person in the world not to have enjoyed GF as much as other games? - & therefore not a favourite for me!

Total Posts: 247

Joined 2012-05-21

PM

I doubt you are the ONLY person, by a long shot. I do suspect you are in a minority. It certainly was among MY favorites, and from what I hear that is more like the prevailing opinion.

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Along with Monkey Island 3 and the first two Broken Sword games Grim Fandango is one of my absolute favorites. Hard to decide which of the four games are the best, though.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

One of my favourite games! Year Two in Rubacava is more or less the pinnacle of adventure gaming, imo.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Zifnab - 08 May 2013 10:52 AM

Definitly in the Top 3.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I don’t think it’s in my top 5 but it was very very good, might be included in my top 10 depending on my mood. I don’t think I’d be able to skip it in top 25 at least.

But I am a sucker for noir.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

TimovieMan - 08 May 2013 01:37 PM

One of my favourite games! Year Two in Rubacava is more or less the pinnacle of adventure gaming, imo.

Agree - The whole Rubacava year is simply brilliant, and one of the things i remember best from any AG i have ever played.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

My opinion about Grim Fandango is that it’s an incredibly well-written game, ruined by a terrible interface. Horrible controls and a cumbersome inventory system. And as I mentioned in a previous thread a while back (to a lot of peoples disgust), I was never impressed by its visuals, infact I was undescribably disappointed by the decision to turn that beautiful artwork into blocky 3D. It may have been groundbreaking technology at the time, but even so, it looked bad compared to the company’s previous title. It hurts me to think of how great a game it could have been if Lucasarts hadn’t been trying to reinvent the wheel. Everything about the game that isn’t related to its interface or graphics is as good as it gets though, so if you don’t mind the wonky controls or its visuals, then it’s pretty much the perfect adventure.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top