• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Saturday 4 May 2013

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

I have the remastered version of Broken Sword 2, but I’ve never tried it. As I understand, it just adds the character portraits but no unnecessary extra gameplay (like the first one did). George’s portrait is still very weird.

(Was the stretch goal that added Pearl and Duane in BS5 reached? They’re stupid, but I kinda miss them.)

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I only just played that version of BS2 last week - apart from some additional scenes I’m not sure that I like some of the ‘simplification’ of the game!

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Kurufinwe - 04 May 2013 01:13 PM

(Was the stretch goal that added Pearl and Duane in BS5 reached? They’re stupid, but I kinda miss them.)

Yes. With the paypal donations they reached the $800.000
The only one missing was the BASS 2.

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

There’s no additional content in BS2 Remastered, just the new way of handling text and the portraits - which is handled a lot better than in BS1 Director’s Cut, but still doesn’t add anything to the game and look weird.

I don’t remember if anything was missing from BS2 Remastered. I played it last year and didn’t notice anything not being there like in BS1 Director’s Cut where a lot of content has been cut.

The only thing I wish they had added/changed in BS2 Remastered was the removal of the poorly integrated 3D animations at the priests hut and instead redid that in proper 2D + removed the HORRIBLE 3D cutscene with the chopper and did that in 2D. That would have been a nice touch.

Total Posts: 783

Joined 2010-10-26

PM

BROKEN SWORD!  Heart Eyes

Kurufinwe - 04 May 2013 01:13 PM

(They’re stupid, but I kinda miss them.)

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
Well, there are a lot of things I miss from the first 2 BS games… From the atmosphere, all the way to the sewer key and the lucky piece of coal! Grin

I’ve played both the Bs1 DC and the BS 2 remastered.

The BS1 DC is worth playing because of the extra Nico part (where you learn more stuff about Nico, about her father, about Khan and his first victim and so on) in the beginning and the new puzzles.
But BS2 has no extra, just enhanced graphics and music, plus hints and a character’s diary and of course the character portraits, that make George look like a kid in my opinion. (But I heard there is a patch to remove them from the remastered if you want.)

(Speaking about extras, if someone wants a little extra content from BS2 there are a couple of deleted lines from the game. Just go to your BS2 game folder and open the TEXT.CLU file with any text editor and search for Deleted or Not used, if I remember corect. Yes, I am that crazy! Crazy )

I am baaaaaaaack!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top