• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Keybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Wednesday 27 February 2013

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

With the Asylum Kickstarter ending in 24 hours, I guess it’s as good a time as any to have a scene from Scratches.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

What exactly is the difference between Scratches and the Scratches Director’s Cut?
And am I correct if I state that Scratches is a horror game because of the atmosphere, but not because your character is ever in any danger?

Just asking with a possible future purchase in mind…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

The Director’s Cut touches up some graphics, adds a journal for the characters, improves the interface, and has the possibility of triggering an “alternate” ending.

There is also a bonus playable chapter that you can play after beating the game.

It’s a great game. You should get it, TimovieMan! It’s a horror based on pretty much everything. You can’t die, but there is danger. After all you’re in a large manor by yourself. Wink

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

inm8#2 - 27 February 2013 01:05 PM

You can’t die, but there is danger.

Doesn’t sound like there is danger, but merely the appearance of danger.
Since that’s the kind of danger I prefer, I might bump this on my list of games to play… Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

There is more than one kind of danger. Namely, not all danger is necessarily mortal. Some might threaten other aspects of your existence. Wink

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

inm8#2 - 27 February 2013 01:46 PM

There is more than one kind of danger. Namely, not all danger is necessarily mortal. Some might threaten other aspects of your existence. Wink

Wooowhh .. Spooky !  Foot in mouth

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top