• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CharophyceandiegoLady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Tuesday 26 February 2013

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Here are some space monkeys today!

I really love SQ5 (probably because it doesn’t feel like a SQ game), so it was hard picking a scene for today. But you can’t really beat cute floaty green things that blow up space stations, can you?

(Also: product placement! Yay?)

Total Posts: 30

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Looking forward to playing this one soon.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Kurufinwe - 26 February 2013 11:30 AM

(Also: product placement! Yay?)

More like: product placement! WTF?

Isn’t this supposed to take place in the distant future???

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

So? Who says that Sprint won’t still be around by then (and have reverted back to their old red logo)? It makes complete sense! And think how much bigger Ken Williams’ boat got thanks to the money Sprint paid! Those subtle and tasteful ads were totally worth it! Be sure to buy the book to know what those ads paid for!  Spam

Total Posts: 359

Joined 2012-02-16

PM

Kurufinwe - 26 February 2013 01:01 PM

And think how much bigger Ken Williams’ boat got thanks to the money Sprint paid! Those subtle and tasteful ads were totally worth it! Be sure to buy the book to know what those ads paid for!  Spam

What is this, I don’t even… Gasp I was wondering about a remark Kurufinwe made several AGSoD’s ago about how the Williamses are loaded. This explains a lot.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

TerminusEst - 26 February 2013 01:42 PM

What is this, I don’t even… Gasp I was wondering about a remark Kurufinwe made several AGSoD’s ago about how the Williamses are loaded. This explains a lot.

Well, Sierra got sold for over 1 billion dollars back in the mid-to-late 90s, with Ken and Roberta being the company founders.
Despite popular belief, this didn’t make them billionaires, but you can rest assured that they’re multi millionaires and thus “loaded”... Grin

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 30

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

There are Sprint ads in Larry 5 too.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Always loved the comic book art style of V. Murphy’s acerbic writing is notably missing but I think Crowe held up his own well with very light comedy and you can never have enough Terminator references.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Ahh, it’s been a while since I’ve played SQV. My strongest memory of the game was having to use keyboard for everything, as I couldn’t get my mouse working with the game. Fun times!  Thumbs Up

I agree it’s less SQ-ish and a slightly easier game than the others, giving it a lighter feel. Probably the most fun SQ with some of the best humor if you are a Trek fan and can get most of the jokes. In some ways I wish it had been the last SQ, ending with Roger getting his command. At least it would have avoided SQ6.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

for whom who says it is the best of series
and do you guys think also that Mark did a great job without Scott Being their with his crazy Ideas/writings and Dialogues?

Sorry but i think we just show our support to SQV as a Human nature to stand up for the Weak. but we shouldn’t get drifted away and suggset the idea that Mark was better off alone.

P.S: Pleeeae no attack Smile

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

My favorite Space Quest and one of my favorite adventures. Loved all the space cadet stuff at the beginning and the villain.

Total Posts: 134

Joined 2007-03-25

PM

This game featured the worst pixel-hunting quest of all: the timed floor-waxing puzzle. There always is that one pixel of dirt I’m missing and can’t see ...

Other than that, I liked the game a lot, though I wish it would’ve had voice acting:(

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Advie - 26 February 2013 06:06 PM

Sorry but i think we just show our support to SQV as a Human nature to stand up for the Weak. but we shouldn’t get drifted away and suggset the idea that Mark was better off alone.

Why not?
If people think this is the best of the series, then there has to be a reason for it. If that reason is that it doesn’t contain anything by Scott, then why shouldn’t those people suggest that Mark was better off alone???

There are probably people out there who feel just the opposite, that because this one was lighter and easier, it was the worst of the bunch.
Works both ways… Tongue

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top