• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Keybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Tuesday 5 February 2013

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Today in awful fanwank (is there any other kind?): Back to the Future, The Game!

Blegh, I don’t even want to write about this.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Well, since I instantly recognized Doc and the clock tower, Telltale must have at least done SOMETHING right… Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 247

Joined 2012-05-21

PM

My son and I enjoyed playing it, shortly after he had watched the Back to the Future films for the first time. It may not have been the greatest adventure game ever by any stretch of the imagination, but we thought it was fun. I’m not sure I really get some of the more extreme reactions to this.

Total Posts: 198

Joined 2012-08-03

PM

I played this game and I did not hate it but I definitely did not love it. I’m actually not a big fan of Telltale in general. I still thought that Telltale managed with this game/episodes to capture the vibes from the movies though.

Anticipating:The Devil’s Men

Recently played:GK1 Remake (4), A Golden Wake (3), Child of Light (4) Memento Mori 2 (4) Face Noir (3.5) Tex Murphy: Tesla Effect (4) Blackwell Epiphany (4.5),Broken Sword 5(4.5), The Shivah Remake (4.5), Monkey Island 2 Remake (4.5)

Top 10 Adventure Games:Tex Murphy: Pandora Directive, Gabriel Knight:The Beast Within, Broken Sword:Shadow of the Templars, Gabriel Knight:Sins of the Fathers, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon, Lost Horizon, Grim Fandago, The Longest Journey, Blackwell Epiphany

Total Posts: 247

Joined 2012-05-21

PM

Niclas - 05 February 2013 06:26 PM

I still thought that Telltale managed with this game/episodes to capture the vibes from the movies though.

Yeah, this was a big part of the enjoyment for my son and I. The gameplay was fine, but the feeling of participating in an extension of the story was the biggest attraction, and I felt that came off pretty well.

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

I still have the last 2 episodes to finish, and it’s long time since I finished the third, so obviously, I didn’t love it. However, The voice acting is really well done. Christopher Lloyd reprises his role from the movies as Doc and don’t let the fact that Marty isn’t done by Michael J. Fox bring you down, because A.J Locascio, who got the job as Marty, not only does a superb job at acting, but his impression of M.J.F is spot on! Voice acting of this caliber is rare in todays AG’s.

For those who were fans of the movies as youngsters it’s a game worth checking out, it’s a nice addition to the story, but just don’t expect anything profound or challenging. Not the greatest game out there, but not as shite as some ppl would have it either.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 120

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

I wasn’t a fan of the pacing in the series. There was a lot of walking around, back and forth between places (especially in the episode mentioned in the image above).

I am a huge BTTF fan, so this was slightly upsetting. I still loved the series though, it captured the BTTF atmosphere and the ending had me smiling like a Cheshire cat.

Bitter/sweet, but overall quite good.

I’m on a whole new adventure.
Growing a mustache?
No. Bigger than that.
A beard?!?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top