• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Charophyceanchrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Sunday 6 January 2013

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Ween: the only game in which the damsel-in-distress (and love interest) is old enough to be your mum.

Total Posts: 87

Joined 2007-07-23

PM

One game I have played!
And it was good. Strange little creatures and a nice potion system.

Total Posts: 532

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

Ouch! That is indeed some serious miscasting. It’s when I see images like this I’m glad we barely have any FMV games anymore.

Total Posts: 97

Joined 2011-03-06

PM

Never played this game, but based on this picture not only is your love interest old enough to be your mother, I’m not even sure it’s a woman…

Currently Playing: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes;
Currently Re-Playing: Culpa Innata

Recently Finished: Secret Files: Puritas Cordis, Art of Murder: Hunt for the Puppeteer, Dear Esther

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

gray pierce - 06 January 2013 06:39 PM

It’s when I see images like this I’m glad we barely have any FMV games anymore.

Think twice Grin

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Interesting fact: The Amiga version of Ween was released first and didn’t have FMV. If the female actor in the PC version had been slightly younger, I think it would have been a pretty good fit.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

You guys are silly.

If this had been a new game, we would all be commenting on how ‘refreshing’ and ‘innovative’ it is to not have an attractive young lass playing a princess to be rescued. Princesses can be older too, you know. So can love interests.

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Yeah, who knows, our hero might be into cougars. That’s alright too!

Total Posts: 87

Joined 2007-07-23

PM

“He wants me to share the Kingdom of the Blue Rocks with me. But I don’t want that.”

Wait, what is it that he wants again? Confused

It was the amiga version I played.

Edit: Emphasis added Tongue

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Blah - 06 January 2013 07:12 PM

“He wants me to share the Kingdom of the Blue Rocks with me. But I don’t want that.”

Wait, what is it that he wants again? Confused

To marry her and take over the kingdom. Still doesn’t make sense - since she’s a Princess wouldn’t the Queen or King still be in charge? 

Still a fun game. It doesn’t deserve a 2 star review. Coktel Vision is underrated.

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Not to mention it was the first HD adventure:

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Pan

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top