• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoLady KestrelluckyloserMike the WinoSpeedBo

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Tuesday 25 December 2012

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Hello everyone, and welcome! As we bid farewell to another year of adventures, it is time for the 2012 Adventure Game Scenes of the Year Awards—a.k.a. the Scenies!

“What are the Scenies?”, I hear you ask. Well, the Scenies are to the Aggies what the Golden Globes are to the Oscars and Emmies: they’re given out by people with no legitimacy whatsoever and they make very little sense—but once in a blue moon their results match those of the real awards, which makes them a sure indicator of the year’s mood and means you should totally pay attention to them.

As we count down to the end of the year, seven awards will be presented, including a Special Achievement Award on Friday.

We begin today with the first category: the Award for Most Predictable Yet Unpredictable Plot Twist. This award recognizes a scene that features a plot twist that you saw coming from a mile away but that still managed to surprise and shock by its timing, execution and/or by containing a memorable twist-within-the-twist.

This was a very disputed category this year, but there can only be one winner, and that winner is . . .
(no spoilers in the screenshot, I promise)

(drumroll)

(more drumroll)

(even more drumroll)

That scene in the vault, from Resonance by XII Games!

After working for so long to get into the damn vault, it was obvious that something big was going to happen there. And anyone with half a brain could predict that one of the four characters would turn on the others, and that Ed was the most likely suspect. But that he would brutally murder Anna without any advance warning came as a huge shock, and makes this scene highly deserving of the award.

And that’s it for Day 1 of the Scenies! You can start venting your discontent at the stupid choices of the Scenies Academy below (that’s what award shows are for, right?), but be sure to check back tomorrow for the next category!

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I have not played Resonance so I can’t comment but my nomination is:

Walkind Dead Episode 3 - Long Road Ahead:

Lilly, Ben, Lee and Carley having a nice talk outside the caravan

Total Posts: 359

Joined 2012-02-16

PM

Kurufinwe - 25 December 2012 11:55 AM

After working for so long to get into the damn vault, it was obvious that something big was going to happen there. And anyone with half a brain could predict that one of the four characters would turn on the others, and that Ed was the most likely suspect. But that he would brutally murder Anna without any advance warning came as a huge shock, and makes this scene highly deserving of the award.

That was really well executed! The designers peppered the scene with hints that a very particular twist was coming so I let my guard down, confident in my knowledge of what was about to happen. And then they slipped the other one past my defenses. Beautiful stuff! (...and I am purposefully leaving questions about the character’s motivation aside here)

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Haha, fun idea - especially how you compare yourself to the Golden Globes. Nice little touch, I very much approve! Grin

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Kasper F. Nielsen - 25 December 2012 03:27 PM

Haha, fun idea - especially how you compare yourself to the Golden Globes. Nice little touch, I very much approve! Grin

Thumbs Up

And i totally agree with the winner of this category. Predictable Yet Unpredictable Plot Twist is a good description of what happend in that vault.

I cant wait to see what the next category is.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top