• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure game music

Total Posts: 70

Joined 2012-04-11

PM

Ok what’s your favourite game music? I love the Dig OST and my favorite single tune is the Monkey Island theme. Here is a little cover of it:

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Michael Land is an icon for me too so much that I’ve learned a few of his songs on piano. Jojo’s song is a favorite:

(not the best rendition).

As a youngster I used to play the intro to Secret of Monkey Island over and over just for the music. It annoyed my family to no end Grin

The things he could do with MIDI and the ‘bleeps’ and ‘bloops’ of a simple PC speaker were astounding. Polyphony like this had never been heard before.

Most atmospheric soundtrack: Zork Nemesis. The ambiance it created really enhanced the game and gave it a mystical, almost sacred feeling which combined well with the story.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Yeah, the Monkey Island 1 and 2 soundtrack is the first one that comes to mind when thinking about adventure games music.

Also Larry

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

This is really interesting, it’s a comparison of the Monkey Island theme on different soundcards. My favorite is probably the MT-32 version, which they didn’t include unfortunately.

I never found Sierra music very memorable but Advie will get upset if we don’t mention it so….

(my fave)

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

The most memorable adventure game music for me aswell, is that from Monkey Island. I especially like how the music seamlessly changes tune when you enter another screen. I haven’t noticed any other adventure game (or any other type of game for that matter) that’s done that.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

By far my favourite metal cover is this one for Space Quest IV:

At the moment though I find myself listening to the soundtrack to Torin’s Passage:

Total Posts: 41

Joined 2012-11-09

PM

The first thing that comes to mind is the music from GK games…

Total Posts: 177

Joined 2006-03-28

PM

Manuel - 13 December 2012 07:44 AM

The first thing that comes to mind is the music from GK games…

Me too. The music playing in GK3 when Gabe has a nightmare and wakes up and puts his medallion around Grace’s neck is superb. And that is mostly because of the music. That is my favorite music in any game right there.

Total Posts: 532

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

I’m still in love with the Overclocked theme. So hauntingly beautiful

Another soundtrack I also find very good even though it’s not an Adventure Game is the Heavy Rain OST:

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I’ll keep saying the same two games, when asked about music in adventure games: The Dig and To the Moon!

The Dig is imo one of the most atmospheric AGs ever made, and the atmosphere is mostly due to Michael Land’s wonderful soundtrack.

And To the Moon’s piano music is just beautiful: For River.

I’ve also been humming the theme to Monkey Island a lot lately, but that mostly because I’m replaying Escape from Monkey Island. Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 172

Joined 2011-06-03

PM

Grim Fandango beats all others.

Total Posts: 57

Joined 2009-01-02

PM

My no. 1 favourite adventure game music is The Last Express soundtrack (of course!).
You can listen to it here: https://soundcloud.com/lastexpress
(some of the song titles include spoilers, so beware - those who do not know TLE!)

+ the piece that is not on soundtrack: César Franck’s Sonata in A Major (for violin and piano), interpreted by Josef Suk and Jan Panenka. Brilliant piece of music!

Total Posts: 120

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

My most memorable theme is the theme to Gabriel Knight 1 - it holds special memories for me purely based on how much I adored that game as a kid (I was only about 5 I might add) and for one reason or another I lost the game - I pestered my dad every year for him to get it for me for christmas and my birthday, but that didn’t happen for 4 years when he found it in a virgin megastore (memories)...

the first time I booted it up and heard Gabriel’s theme in the main menu, I just flooded with tears. It was like being reunited with a long lost friend.

I’ve still got that exact CD now, and I’m now 26! I replay it every year, and manage to complete it in about an hour too - I practically know every line of dialogue off by heart.

The zombies still scare the bejeesus out of me though.

I’m on a whole new adventure.
Growing a mustache?
No. Bigger than that.
A beard?!?

Total Posts: 2986

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

My favourite soundtrack is Riven’s.
The ambient sounds/music mixture presented is trully something unique.
Other than that, I recall
Grim Fandango’s: Especially the themes in the Dayof the Dead Festival and Rubacava’s.
The Dark Eye (the old one): Perhaps the creepiest menu music I have heard.
Full Throttle: A really memorable one!! Especially at the game’s finale.
Stacking: Perhaps the game’s greatest feature.

Total Posts: 40

Joined 2011-12-15

PM

This masterpiece made by Bob Siebenberg in 1989 played in MT-32. Also, one of the best intros IMO. It’s so powerful it opens a portal back to the 80s.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

bulak - 14 December 2012 02:54 PM

This masterpiece made by Bob Siebenberg in 1989 played in MT-32. Also, one of the best intros IMO. It’s so powerful it opens a portal back to the 80s.

Portal to the 80s is right, it sounds like the intro to a made-for-tv movie from the era of mullets, acid-wash jeans, Glam rock and MacGyver! Well, each to his own!  Laughing

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top