You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat The AG Community Blog

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2010, 03:11 PM   #5461
kamikaze hummingbirds

Yes. You rule!
Old 05-21-2010, 10:27 AM   #5462
Lazy Bee

Law court secretary overload!!

Don't get me wrong. Getting this new job was exactly what I needed. But after three weeks my head is so full of new vocabulary, tons of abbreviations I need to know, routines in the preparing of, and later on filing a case, forms that go here and other forms that go there.
I'm really exhausted today.
Old 05-21-2010, 10:49 AM   #5463
tsa
Playing character

That's normal Jelena. In half a year you speak their language and everything will be easier.
Old 05-21-2010, 11:08 AM   #5464
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa View Post
That's normal Jelena. In half a year you speak their language and everything will be easier.
Yeah, I know. But it was so long ago (about 20 years) since I last experienced how it is to be so new at a job.
I need a quiet island and the sound of seagulls.
Old 05-21-2010, 12:21 PM   #5465
Second Degree Black Belt

just take a deep breath and a glass of wine and everything will be fine

“Pretty badass and tough and won't take crap from anyone” -Squinky
Old 05-21-2010, 12:50 PM   #5466
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
Yeah, I know. But it was so long ago (about 20 years) since I last experienced how it is to be so new at a job.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hp8NtxNWUqQ

platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 05-21-2010, 01:35 PM   #5467
Lazy Bee

Trep
Old 05-21-2010, 03:48 PM   #5468
Lovable rogue

Actus reus.

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena

Old 05-21-2010, 10:36 PM   #5469
Freeware Co-ordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
I could probably manage the sound of seagulls for you. I can assure you it loses its charm when you have it all year round though. I think what you really need is the sound of Mr Jelena and the Jelena Juniors doing all the housework and cooking so you can just chill when you get home.

Any forumites able to get to Brighton this weekend, may I highly recommend a little show I saw yesterday afternoon.

It's called "The Jumble Book" and is the story of a young boy called Jumble Muck. Jumble has dyslexia and the show is a tale of his struggle with schoolwork and eventual triumph. It's a one-man show but the one-man, Justin "Rhymes" Coe, throws himself wholeheartedly into it bringing the various characterx to life through music, poetry and dramatic performance. It's funny (though never at Jumble's expense) but also clever and thought-provoking. There is also audience participation which fits in perfectly as part of the story and that will guarantee each show is unique.

It's on at 1:00 pm the next two days (Saturday and Sunday) The venue is Upstairs at Three and Ten, 10 Steine St, Brighton, BN2 1TE. Show details here
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree

Last edited by stepurhan; 05-21-2010 at 11:17 PM.
Old 05-23-2010, 03:06 PM   #5470
Second Degree Black Belt

I got my new - to me sewing machine......... Husqvarna Designer 1 Sewing and Embroidery Machine. I will be able to create all kinds of great things. The man I bought it from bought it for his wife about 8 years ago, and she worked on it for 40 hours.... got ill then passed away. So he was selling it b/c he had no use for it. And it came with 100 spools of thread and 18 spools of special thread....... I super excited...... I cant wait to show you all what I will create

Old 05-24-2010, 07:04 AM   #5471
It's Hard To Be Humble

Luna: I hope the job interview pans out for you. If not, I hope the learning process proves to be valuable to you.

Jelena: *hugs and plays music by Anthony Phillips in the background* Hopefully you'll get the feel for it before the strain gets to be too much. Best of luck, dear lady.

Stepurhan: That sounds like a great show.

Bullsie: SCORE! Use it well.

Aggie: Still working, still anxious and depressed, still thinking about leaving, and wondering if there's ever a good time to leave a job you hate when employment in your field is bad, you have debt up to your eyeballs, and your wife is newly unemployed and looking for a new job herself. I love and cherish my wife dearly, but it was so much easier to make important decisions when I was still a bachelor. I don't know if I'd ever want to go back to those days, but there are days when I miss feeling as if I had control of the steering wheel, even if it was largely an illusion. It's just my artistic temperament showing, but I'd rather be struggling with less money than continue living like this. However, being without steady income makes my lovely wife crazy.

Okay, enough whining. Hope everyone had a lovely weekend.
Old 05-24-2010, 07:32 AM   #5472
tsa
Playing character

I had a good weekend. My parents are so good for me. They took care of me until I was sure I could stand on my own feet again. My mother was here for a whole week, and my father took her home again today after doing a lot of things in and around the house for me. I'm happy. I have new medicine again, and the pain is almost gone! It's been replaced by a weird feeling in my head, but that is probably because I have to get used to them, and I also have to get used to not having the other pills anymore. I hope I can keep the new pills, but the side-effects are quite severe and serious, so I have to keep an eye on myself.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:10 AM   #5473
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
I got my new - to me sewing machine......... Husqvarna Designer 1 Sewing and Embroidery Machine.
What do you know? Swedish brand! It must be great. Have fun Bullsie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee in Limbo View Post
Aggie: Still working, still anxious and depressed, still thinking about leaving, and wondering if there's ever a good time to leave a job you hate when employment in your field is bad, you have debt up to your eyeballs, and your wife is newly unemployed and looking for a new job herself. I love and cherish my wife dearly, but it was so much easier to make important decisions when I was still a bachelor. I don't know if I'd ever want to go back to those days, but there are days when I miss feeling as if I had control of the steering wheel, even if it was largely an illusion. It's just my artistic temperament showing, but I'd rather be struggling with less money than continue living like this. However, being without steady income makes my lovely wife crazy.
Lose the job, keep the wife!

j/k maybe this isn't the best of times to quit a job, but from what you tell us it seems you eventually need to find something else. In my case it's like this: Today I earn less money and have shorter vacation, but I feel so relieved to have a job that isn't consuming all my energy, so it's worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa View Post
I had a good weekend. My parents are so good for me. They took care of me until I was sure I could stand on my own feet again. My mother was here for a whole week, and my father took her home again today after doing a lot of things in and around the house for me. I'm happy. I have new medicine again, and the pain is almost gone! It's been replaced by a weird feeling in my head, but that is probably because I have to get used to them, and I also have to get used to not having the other pills anymore. I hope I can keep the new pills, but the side-effects are quite severe and serious, so I have to keep an eye on myself.
*does a happy dance*
and
*crosses fingers for medicine to stay good*
Old 05-24-2010, 12:24 PM   #5474
Unreliable Narrator

Send a message via AIM to Squinky Send a message via MSN to Squinky

I just got a new job too. So yeah.
Old 05-24-2010, 02:57 PM   #5475
Second Degree Black Belt

tsa- that is great....... your parents sound lovely And I'm so glad that you are feeling better

Jelena- yes dear I'm so excited...... In the next few weeks I'll take some pictures of the things that I will be doing. I have to have the machine cleaned and serviced. But I'm so excited

Lee- I agree with Jelena ...... keep the wife

Squinky - woo-hoo great news

Old 05-24-2010, 03:06 PM   #5476
Creepy Father Figure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squinky View Post
Whoa, that's not sounding enthusiastic.

Glad the pain is receding tsa but please be careful of those effects.

And now my turn:
Dear Blogginator,
The wonderful Mrs.R is upset after finding out her job at a book hand bindery has been sold and they are closing the shop. I keep telling her that it's not hard to find a job with the proper attitude. This falls on deaf ears due to the fact this is the only full time job she has ever had and there is not mush call for the profession.
Old 05-24-2010, 03:10 PM   #5477
kamikaze hummingbirds

Aga Khan,
I've finished my first year of uni - it didn't reach either my highest expectations (bad-ass cool person with a love life and sitch) or my lowest (hiding from everyone and making no friends); but I feel more confident, and I've made some decent friends.
So, next year, I'm thinking I'll have the confidence to progress and sitch (y'know, get a love life and stuff).

- Oh, hot damn, it's Ham.
Old 05-24-2010, 04:07 PM   #5478
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squinky View Post
Congratulations Squinks! Do you want to tell us more about it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerite View Post
Aga Khan,
I've finished my first year of uni - it didn't reach either my highest expectations (bad-ass cool person with a love life and sitch) or my lowest (hiding from everyone and making no friends); but I feel more confident, and I've made some decent friends.
So, next year, I'm thinking I'll have the confidence to progress and sitch (y'know, get a love life and stuff).
Congrats on your progress Hammie! What do you mean with 'sitch'?
Old 05-24-2010, 04:20 PM   #5479
Stalker of Britain

I'm sorry to hear that rlwp, but I'm happy to hear about Squinky's new job and Hammy's first year of college through!
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 05-24-2010, 05:13 PM   #5480
The Greater

Send a message via AIM to Giligan

My first year of college is also done. It was awesome.

Last edited by Giligan; 05-24-2010 at 06:28 PM.