You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Do You Remember This Game???

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2005, 06:20 AM   #1

Default Do You Remember This Game???

There was an pc adventure game I played many years ago that was centered around Leonardo Da Vinci and his many inventions (or ideas thereof). I believe you began in his home/workshop where his “inventions” were in various stages of completion. One of your tasks was to figure out how to get them to work. Some of these included a catapult, helicopter, tank, submarine, etcetera.

It was a great game. Unfortunately I can’t find it and I don’t remember the name of it. (Actually, I’m lucky that I can even remember my name .) I don’t even remember if it was on a cd or floppy discs.

I’m hoping that someone will remember this game.

Thanks and have a great day!!!
Old 06-09-2005, 06:42 AM   #2
fov
Rattenmonster

Welcome to the forum.

Not familiar with this game, but maybe someone else will be. Was it an educational game?
Old 06-09-2005, 09:33 AM   #3
Easily amused

In Buried in Time (Journeyman Project trilogy 2), you get to DaVinci's studio and use some of his gadgets. But this is only one section of the whole game.
Old 06-09-2005, 10:10 AM   #4

Sounds like you are talking about an edutainment title by Corbis called Leonardo da Vinci. The game was released in 1997 and is quite rare.
Old 06-09-2005, 12:43 PM   #5
How am I not myself?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnldnl
Sounds like you are talking about an edutainment title by Corbis called Leonardo da Vinci. The game was released in 1997 and is quite rare.
Yep, that's the one I was going to mention. Actually, I got that edutainment title when my dad bought our first computer in the early 90's (or maybe 94). It's probably still hidden around here somewhere.
Old 06-10-2005, 06:33 AM   #6
Fulci lives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Epic
Yep, that's the one I was going to mention. Actually, I got that edutainment title when my dad bought our first computer in the early 90's (or maybe 94). It's probably still hidden around here somewhere.
Edutainment programs are neat, kids have fun while playing them and are tricked into learning stuff at the same time.
Old 06-10-2005, 08:03 AM   #7

Sorry for being a little off topic perhaps, but there also was a very similiar game called Museum Madness that was released in 1996 or something and created by a pretty much unknown developer Novotrade.

When I played it back in the days I thought it was quite fun and challenging to solve the game's puzzles.
Old 06-10-2005, 10:03 AM   #8

As I recall, you visit Da Vinci's workshop in Drowned God, a game I was unable to complete before my Windows 98 machine died, and which I can install, but not complete on XP. (One of the early puzzles refuses to "activate") Unfortunately, I had just come across Da Vinci's place when my machine went down, so I had little chance to explore it.

Antoinetta