Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   To The Moon (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/30109-moon.html)

Ashok 11-20-2011 04:10 AM

To The Moon

Anyone get this new indie adventure game, To The Moon?
http://freebirdgames.com/to_the_moon/

The game looks pretty interesting, but I can't get it to work in Windows 7. Downloaded the demo and the game starts but there is no cursor. :frown:

MoonBird 11-20-2011 04:19 AM

wow! Looks like something i will be trying! Thank you for letting me know!

Elena 11-20-2011 06:24 AM

Oohh!!Love those games!!Remind me of old school games..
I'm a great fan of Aldorlea games,especially of the Millennium series and i love the Aveyond series as well (Amaranth games). :)

MoonBird 11-20-2011 07:06 AM

RPG without combat! Finally its true! :9~:P:D:9

TheLongestJourney 11-20-2011 07:50 AM

I tried the demo and it worked fine in Windows 64-bit. I will be buying it when it goes on sale.

Monolith 11-20-2011 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoonBird (Post 594114)
RPG without combat! Finally its true! :9~:P:D:9

You haven't played 'the Mirror Lied' have you. Same creator, and its free. :D It is a great little adventure. :)

Actually isn't this an adventure more than an RPG? Just a different perspective since none of the gameplay mechanics from an RPG are in it.

MoonBird 11-20-2011 08:49 PM

Monolith, No, I haven't... have to give it a go. RPG or adventure... either way, it's a fantastic mix :)

dave_minall 11-23-2011 03:20 PM

Gamespot have just reviewed this and RAVED about it - I'll be buying it friday :D

Read the review here: http://uk.gamespot.com/to-the-moon/r...ll%3Btitle%3B5

fov 11-30-2011 05:13 PM

I loved it. I hope some AGers will try it out and post what you thought about it (favorite parts, etc.) I want to talk about this game and don't have anyone to talk to. :sad:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashok (Post 594100)
The game looks pretty interesting, but I can't get it to work in Windows 7. Downloaded the demo and the game starts but there is no cursor. :frown:

Shot in the dark, but try alt-enter to toggle between windowed mode and full screen?

Rolandesch 12-01-2011 03:00 AM

I just finished the game and have to say it is one of my favourite this year if not of all time. I played the first hour or so during a busy day and once I realized the beauty of the story the dialouges and music I stopped immediately and contiuned playing it over night so there would be no interruptions. The lack of interactivity with the game wasn't a problem for me since everything was done at such a high level it was easy to get swept away and even at points want to skip some parts of the puzzles just to continue the story. The retro graphics took me back to my childhood and have to admit I cried a few times and not just because of the story but also because of a nostalgic longing for games like this. Today I am going back to finish a few games I never did which I consider to be RPG sins :) and before I go way off topic I just want to recommend the game to all adventure lovers, it will only take 4-5 hours to play it and if you don't mind the lack of interactivity it is a game you will surely enjoy

xxax 12-01-2011 05:55 AM

Wow... This game is a testament to how involved you can get with a game if the story is there... I don't remember when a game touched me as much as this one. Seriously in the last chapter i was all teary eyed... Amazing...

Elena 12-01-2011 08:55 AM

Hmm,everybody is impressed by the game..I'll give it a shot. :)

Monolith 12-01-2011 03:00 PM

Wow, I can't wait to play this.

Surprised no one played 'the Mirror Lied' which is free and pretty short yet is a great testament more so than this game that you can still get very emotional.

Elena 12-01-2011 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monolith (Post 594897)

Surprised no one played 'the Mirror Lied' which is free and pretty short yet is a great testament more so than this game that you can still get very emotional.

I've played the game.It was kind of intense..I remember i read about the film that inspired the game,Why the Anderson children didn't come to dinner,and i want to see the film too.

zane 12-01-2011 04:05 PM

i just played through this... and its cute. High on emotion and low on logic... and really low on gameplay (its almost a visual novel). I liked it though. My favorite parts were some of the funnier moments, namely when..
Spoiler:
theyr getting desperate trying to figure out why he wants to go to the moon and they do things like have nasa visit the school gym. Prettty funny.

id score it 7/10 and will definitely be watching to see what else these devs come up with.

fov 12-01-2011 07:30 PM

Yes, I loved that part too. Very funny. :D

Spoiler:
FREE PONY RIDES ON THE MOON!!

I also really liked how scenes you thought you understood took on new meaning after you saw the earliest memories. It's not easy to tell a story that way.

TimovieMan 12-01-2011 11:17 PM

*adding this and The Mirror Lied to my list of games to play*

Martin Gantefoehr 12-02-2011 01:27 AM

The game is awesome.

xxax 12-02-2011 04:56 AM

I loved
Spoiler:
the idea to use the TARDIS to move the piano and then both commenting how the would both watch that

dave_minall 12-02-2011 05:48 AM

This is the first indie game I've played in a long time, and it was absolutely incredible. A game hasn't moved me this much in an awful long time - it is very low on gameplay but the story makes up for that tenfold. Definitely worth a purchase, you won't regret it.